16 / It Belonged to You

"I need coffee." Ten sighed, rubbing his temples. "I am so confused."

At an instant, a hot cup of coffee was placed on the table by the concerned barista. "Do you need anything else?" He asked. Ten shook his head and thanked him. The barista nodded and scurried off.

"I need a better understanding of this." Lucas muttered. His head rested on the table; tufts of jet black hair peeked out of his arms. "None of this makes sense."

"How about this," Naomi suggested. "You tell us what you remember and we'll walk through it."

"When was the first time you were all together?"

"LA, Neo Cafe." Ten answered. "I forced Lucas to go out."

"Mark and I work there." Taeyong said.

"I forced Kai to go." Baekhyun added. Naomi nodded and requested for them to tell the whole story.

"Lucas and I saw Mark at the till and we were really surprised. He was surprised too. He was like 'I thought you guys died!' and I was like 'Your Canadian friends thought the same thing when you flew to Korea.'"

"Then Kai and I walked in on their conversation and interrupted." Baekhyun continued. "Then Mark fetched Taeyong and Taemin later came." Yoongi cocked a brow, glancing at Naomi. She slightly shook her head and turned back to Baekhyun.

"An hour after eating, Mark and Lucas went to the kitchen to get more food and ended up having a food fight." Lucas sank into his seat. 

"And you guys gave me a mini heart attack." Taeyong grumbled. "I should have made you clean up everything yourselves." The conversation went on and on. At some point, it wasn't even about what happened at the restaurant.

"Okay, this has gone off topic." Yoongi yelled, stopping Taeyong from telling another story. "Did anything else happen that day?"

"Mark and I took them home and we agreed to meet the next week."

"This is taking too long." Hwasa complained to Naomi.

"What do you want us to do? Summarise it?" Both their eyes widened, hearing the foreign voice. They hastily looked around the booth and found Ten patiently watching them.

"You're a telepath?" Naomi asked.

"I guess so. I just realised it." He shrugged and chugged down the rest of his coffee. "I also have a splitting headache because of all these voices in my head and it would be much appreciated if you told them to shut up."

Naomi and Hwasa gave each other wary glances. It wasn't natural for a superhuman to randomly get powers unless there was something preventing them for having full use of their abilities. An example would be trauma. There was no alternate colour in Ten's eyes, which meant that his powers were not fully activated. Something was stopping him from using his powers properly.

"Long story short, we went to Korea and visited a few friends, nearly got killed on the way to the airport and nearly died in the flight." Ten summarised, resting his head on Lucas' shoulder. "Go ahead and continue without me. I've got a headache."

Not even a minute had past and he was knocked out cold. Seemed like using his powers took a toll on his energy.

"You got hit by the storm when you were on the plane." Naomi confirmed.

"Just like us." Hwasa mumbled.

"You were on the plane with us?" Lucas inquired.

"No." Yoongi said, playing with a small ball of fire in his hand. "Naomi got struck by lightning, Hyejin nearly drowned and I almost died in a fire. Mingi and Amira were the only ones in the plane with you guys."