Chapter 20

It has been two days since the ball. Keith had fulfilled his promise to Bea, but since he was busy, he could spend only a little time with her. He hadn't seen her since then.

“Keith?”

He looked and saw mother standing at his door.

“Mother. Do sit.” he stands up from his desk and they sit together on the couch.

“How is your magic son?”

“I have learnt everything mother, just need practice.”

“Show me the one where you move things.”

He closes his eyes and  lifts his hand. He thinks about the Apple being lifted up and falling on his mother's lap. His mother gasped. He opened his eyes.  The Apple was on her lap. He smiled at her. She smiled back.

“Good son. That was good.”

“This is the only thing I know so far mother.”

“You'll learn soon. You'll learn everything  soon.” she holds his hand.“I'll train you.”

“Thank you mother.” he kisses her hand.

“Keith?”

“Yes mother?”

“Keep this a secret for sometime, till you master it.”

“Yes mother.”

“I have to go now. We  have a council meeting.”

“A meeting? Why?”

“I don't know. Will tell you during dinner.”

“About that. Mother can I go to Havana's house for dinner?”

“Go have fun. And take Nate too.”

“I will. Thank you mother.”

She then leaves.

_____________

“Your majesty. There have been wolves sighted in the forest.” the commander said.

“What? How did this happen?”

“A pack has recently been spotted my king. We have to  warn our people my king. These wolves are of the dangerous kind.”

“Write a  declaration and post it on all the notice boards we have in the town. And make strict announcements not to enter the forest at any cost, till the soldiers clear out the wolves.”

“Yes my king.” they all bowed.

*Oh God! Protect our people!*the Queen prayed.

__________

There was a knock on the door. Bea ran to get it. She saw a boy  standing there with a note. He gives it to her and runs away.

“What's wrong with him?” she wonders and goes back in.

“Who is it Bea?” Havana asks her.

“Umm…. Its a note— she opens it and reads it— from Keith. He is coming to dinner tonight!”

“Really? We have to prepare. Its already evening. Come on. Let's go!” Havana excitedly pulls her to the Kitchen.

“Hey Havana? Can I bake my cake?”

“That's an amazing idea! You should definitely do it!” she claps.

“Okay.” she starts making the batter. They continue cooking.

“Oh no!”

“What's wrong Havana?” Bea asked her.

“The main herb for the chicken has run out. I have to get it now! From the forest!”