Chapter 14

“Bea! Are you awake in there! Bea!”

She woke up with a start. She heard Havana screaming.

“I'm awake now! I'm awake.” she dozed off.

“Bea!”

“I'm coming!”she got up and ran to the door and opened it.

“I'm sorry I had overslept.” she opened the door facing a red-faced Havana. She was breathing heavily.

*Must be the screaming that made her face red*

“Finally! I was worried. You hadn't come down for breakfast. Jonathan ate and left.”

“Wait. What time is it?”

“It's twelve in the noon.”

“What! I slept that long!”

“Umm.. Yea. I tried waking you up. A lot. And you only now got up.— she laughed— go and freshen up. You look like a mess. Then come down for breakfast. I'll braid your hair later.” she went down, laughing.

She smiled. Havana always braids her hair. They have a lot of fun.

She went and freshened up. She put on a purple dress and tied her hair into a bun. It looked messy, her black hair all over.

Then all the memories of the last night came to her. She and Keith were looking at the stars. She hadn't known when she had fallen asleep. She was woken up by Keith gently shaking her shoulders. Then he climbed down and bid her good night. She went in and slept. No wonder she got up late.

She went to the dining room and stopped in her tracks.

Nate, Andrew and Havana were sitting at the dining table. Her face was red with embarrassment. It was the third time she met Andrew and he now sees her like this, a mess. She turns to leave, but Nate notices her.

“Hey Bea! Where are you going?”

“Hey Nate! Hey Andrew! I was just—”

“Come here Bea! Lets have breakfast. I'm hungry.” Havana tells her.

“Okay.” she sits down.

“Ooh! Someone's had a really tough night.” Nate chimes in.

“Uh?”

“You look so sleep deprived, Bea.” he laughs.

“She never listens. I tell her not to read the books at night. But no! She reads till late at night.” Havana huffs.

“I'm sorry Mom!” Bea playfully tells.

“Hey! We're almost the same age.” Havana swats her shoulder playfully.

“You're right about that Bea, Havana really is like our mother!” everyone laughs.

“Guys, need breakfast?”

“We're good.” both reply.

Havana puts pancakes on her and Bea's plates and gives it to Bea. The both start eating.

“So what brings you here?” Havana asks them.

“Umm…. So Keith took Ashley on a tour of the town, so I asked Andrew to come along. He was alone. Oh! I can't take it anymore! Hand me a plate!” Nate said taking a plate and serving himself some pancakes. He then does the same for Andrew.

“Here Andrew. Eat. You wont be disappointed. I know we ate breakfast, but eat one.” he passes the plate to him.

“Wow! I'm flattered. Havana this is delicious!” Andrew said eating the pancake.