Chapter 1

The sky is blue and there were white clouds here and there. The sparrows were chirping and one could sit under them all day. Children's laughter were heard  in the garden and their mothers struggling to keep them in place as they gossiped with the Queen. The men were practicing in the courtyard with all their swords clashing and beads of sweat  forming on their forehead, the maids watching the young men with dreamy eyes and giggling. This was a normal day in the palace of Dandilia.

'‘Ahh'’ screamed a maid dropping all the pressed gowns of the princesses, unaware of who had ran into her as the person had already taken off. The princess hid behind the curtain after running into the poor maid, making her drop her gowns. Now the maid will have to press it again! Laughing she took off again only to run into the king.“Oh!”

“Beatrice Kiara Jacintha! Watch were you are going young lady” he tells laughing.

“I'm really sorry father. I didn't see you ”she tells sadly.

“Its okay Beatrice,but be thankful that it was me or else if it was any one else,imagine what would have happened!”

“They would have jumped for joy! Its not every day that the crown princess runs into someone.”She replied laughing. Noticing the basket in her hand he asked her where was she headed off to again.

“I'm going to the hill to read under the tree. See! I have a sandwich and some water to have when I'm hungry or thirsty. ”

“Okay my dear, but don't stay late. Come on time for lunch.” “Yes father I will” she said rolling her eyes. “I don't forget things you know?” she said and took off again.

She was just about to pass the back gate when suddenly she tripped. She waited for the ground to hit her face and have people watch the crown princess fall in an unladylike way, when a pair of strong arms caught her. “Watch it sister! You're becoming clumsy day by day! ”He said laughing.
Beatrice snorted“ Ha! I don't have to worry about falling as long as you are there little brother. ”

He narrowed his eyes at her.“By two minutes!” (That's right Beatrice and Bryan are twins, Beatrice  being born 2 minutes earlier.) Both of them have jet black hair, fair skin and sea blue eyes. If they were of the same gender, they would have been identical. And yes Bryan gets angry when someone calls him the younger twin or 'little brother’

“Anyways i got to go. See you later lil brother!”

“BY TWO MINUTES!! yeesh” he goes back to the palace.

“Finally!” she says as she places her picnic mat and proceeds to sit and take out her book, The Lost Trident Of Atlantis. This is a novel which she had just begun to read. She loved to read, read ,read. Even if you lock her in a room with books, she won't bother to leave the room. Yes,this is our crown princess Beatrice.

After some hours, her stomach feels hungry so she takes her sandwich out and eats it. The sky suddenly turns grey. The air becomes chill and she shivers as a cold breeze brushes her back. But she pays no heed to it and continues to read her book. “Princess Beatrice! Princess Beatrice!!” screams a maid, Rosa. “Rosa what is it! Is everything alright? ” the princess scrambles up to her feet.

“Its the king!” tells Rosa out of breath.
“What happened! Is he okay? Rosa please pack all of this into the basket, I'm going!” tells Beatrice running to the castle.

As she reaches  the throne room a hand grabs her elbow and drags her to a secluded corner. “Mother! What is happening! What happened to dad!” “Shhh”she clamps a hand over my mouth.

“Alistair has attacked. He bribed some of the soldiers and one of the main commanders. The other commanders are on patrol of the kingdom. Keep quiet for some time.” she then leads Beatrice to her room.

“Mother! What about father!” Beatrice exclaims.

“He is fine. He has Samuel,Robert and Bryan with him. But you're not. ” 
“Me! What about me?”

“Oh dear Bea, you are the crown princess! Alistair had once asked for your hand in marriage, but we declined. Bea he is not a good man. So he has come to take revenge as he had told us that day.”she tells hurriedly.

“Bea I'm sorry to let you know in this way, but you have to know about it now! Once when a Dandilian turns 17 he/she obtains a type of magic. I know you're confused but listen carefully. Magic comes in colours. You have the rainbow magic. This is a very powerful type of magic. Now this is how you find your destined. Both of you must have the same colour. You will tell that there must be many people who have  rainbow magic. But when you turn 17 you will know your destined when you are near him. You will be able to tell. But not before 17.—”

“But mother–”

“— you must listen carefully my dear for we have  no time left. You father, brothers ad soldiers are there distracting Alistair and giving us time, but I don't know how long will they last. Alistair has black magic. So it is powerful as well. If he marries you with or without permission, he  will become unstoppable! So you have to find your destined before he finds you.” she tells with tears in your eyes.
‘’You have one month. One month to find your destined after your birthday. I'm sorry my child but we have no choice left.”

”Then come with me! We all will run away!” Bea cries.

“Then who will keep the kingdom safe? If we all leave then he will take the throne by force my dear. We have to stay and protect our kingdom, our beloved people.  I hate to see you go my love but you have to.”she says with teary eyes. “For yourself and for  our people! We can keep him under control but you have to find your destined soon, we can't hold him for too long.”

BANG!!

“Oh no! He's headed here! Darling you must hurry!” Mother pulls a book from Bea's shelf and a secret door opens. Both the ladies enter in as the door closes again, everything being normal again. Both make their way to the forest behind the castle.

“Here my love, I have prepared a bag. It contains some money,spare gowns, and a book about magic.”

“And — she takes a pendant or of a pocket and puts it on Bea's neck — this pendant will help you in your quest. ”

“How mother?”

“You'll find out”

“I love you my darling, take care of yourself.”

“I love you ma and I will come back soon.”

She kisses Bea's forehead “Now go there is a horse prepared for you at the entrance of the forest. Be brave. I love you. ”

Bea nods and starts running towards the forest, while Queen Melissa wipes her tears and starts to head back to the castle unnoticed.

***********

Hey guys!
I've done this much for today.
Please do vote, comment and share if you liked.
Thank you!

Lots of Hugs and Kisses,
Betts