Chapter 31 ~ You Too

28th of June 1796

~Y/N's pov ~

George and I were silent, sitting around a small table in one of the many rooms in the palace. There were biscuits delicately arranged on the table and an assortment of fine ornamental china.

In front of me was an almost empty teacup, remaining sediment of tea leaves scattered across the bottom of the ivory cup. George meanwhile was knawing on a biscuit while he smiled at me.

I quite liked the peaceful atmosphere that had shrouded amongst George and I, what was once a mundane experience of eating biscuits and drinking tea was solemnly turned into something I enjoyed. I smiled at George softly and laid my hands gently in my lap. George meanwhile, finished the rest of the crumbs in his hand and shifted his chair next to mine.

George then grinned and snaked his arm so that his hand was firmly placed on my shoulder. "Isn't this great Y/N? Were finally happy together." He remarked. I nodded and he sighed turning him so that he faced me. He leaned his head on my chest and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist.

"Umm-" I awkwardly looked down at him as he breathed in softly. He looked so peaceful and happy just hugging me despite me quite uncomfortable. Of course, I didn't want to disrupt George so instead, I stayed still and let him embrace me.

George then pulled his face away from my chest and looked up at me, his blue eyes overwhelmed with joy. I smiled awkwardly again and his face moved towards my own. My eyes widened slightly in confusion and George gently kissed me on my lips.

My whole face flushed red and I quickly pulled away, "George I don't think I'm ready for that yet." I spoke awkwardly. George looked at me confused and rested his elbow on the small wooden table. "You're not ready to kiss? Y/N we literally had sex a few days ago, is your head okay?" He questioned and rested his hand on my forehead.

I pushed his hand away and sighed, "I don't know I just think I need something to drink." I replied. George nodded and he called out. "Eddy can you fill-up the teapot with some more tea!" George's brother walked inside the small room and gave George an annoyed look. "Why exactly?" He asked slightly irked. George smiled and hugged me, "Y/N is feeling unwell so she needs some tea." George explained.

Edward groaned slightly but then smirked. "Are you having any George?" He questioned. George nodded and he smiled. "Of course I always have the appetite for tea,"  Edward smirked again and he walked off towards the kitchen.

George meanwhile grabbed my head and rested it on his lap, he smiled and stroked my hair gently. "My silly Y/N, how come now you let me touch you like this?" He teased. I stayed silent and he smiled. Something was special about this smile though, it wasn't his usual smirking or teasing smile but rather one that was really caring.

I couldn't help but feel loved as my e/c eyes gazed into his pale blue ones. I sighed slightly and realised something from before. Anxiety riddled through my head causing me to jolt up.

George looked at me fazed as I stood up running towards the door. "Y/N?" George spoke disoriented like. I turned my head slightly and gave him a quick look before heading out the door, "Don't worry George I'll be back!" I hurriedly spoke.

I wasn't going to let this slip away.

My feet raced towards the kitchen scanning for Edwards presence as my legs speed steadily through the hall. I knew exactly what he was up to, and that very thing was something I wasn't going to let happen.

I soon found myself at the kitchen, the door was locked which I found out about after trying to flip open the door. I stood still holding back my urge to kick the door open and grabbed one of the metal pins holding the button on my dress, I then inserted the thin metal and fiddled with the lock.

Soon a clicking sound announced my success causing my hand to almost instantly turn the metal doorknob. I then pushed the door with my shoulder and burst in to see Edward preparing a cup of tea while holding a familiar-looking vial.

This vial of course doing the same thing I had commanded it to do months ago, killing George. I raced towards Edward and slapped the vial out of his hands. "Don't you dare." I glared. Edward looked at me and turned so that his body was facing mine. "Oh look the little whore caught me, what's the excuse this time Y/N?" He spiteful hissed.

I gave him a look of pure anger and picked up the vial. "I know you're trying to kill George and I'm not letting you do it, and if you even try to give him the tea with poison I'll tell him your plan." I threateningly jabbed. Edward lifted his right brow and looked down at me scoffing. "My plan? This was yours as well, as much as I got you into trouble for kissing you the deal is still on. You tell George and I'll kill you and Frederick." He clenched his teeth.

I kept my eyes fixed on him and a smile formed on my face. "Don't think I don't know about the little misadventure you had a few weeks prior. As much as it seems like I'm breaking my end of the deal, sending an assassin after my eldest son is hardly any better." I smirked. Edward grinned and he took the teapot of the wood fire. He handed me the teapot and tapped my head.

"Very well then, Y/N. You won, go take this to your crappy husband." He spoke spitefully. I looked at him slightly confused and turned around.

"I'm glad you understand that you won't be able to outsmart me," I replied. Edward smiled again and he put his hands behind his back.

"You too."