Prologue ~ Defenceless

Two months earlier

5th of August 1795

~Frederick's pov~

The dead-end staring back at me I felt my eyes widen. My heart thumped slowly as I breathed in out, each breath was more laborious than previous.

I looked to my right and saw my father looking back at me with the same look of sullen despair. Behind us, the rhythmical like melody of footsteps raced towards us as both my father and I turned around. "Your Majesty!" The taller guard, Mr Hyde called out to mu father and bowed.

"Yes, Mr Hyde?" He questioned anxiously. Mr Hyde quickly caught his breath and looked up at my father. "I'm sorry sire but we've looked everywhere and not a single trace of her Majesty was left." He explained. My father's blue eyes widened in their sockets and he took a deep breath as he pointed at the guard. "Mr Hyde I want half of you check around the palace again, I want the rest out on the streets questioning anyone remotely like Y/N." He demanded.

Mr Hyde nodded and he looked to the other guard signalling him. They both ran off and I looked out, fazed by everything around me. I heard my father's voice puddle slightly and I looked to see him holding himself tightly. He was muttering to himself in a grasping whisper as his pale face whitened with each breath.

I felt my stomach and shoulders shiver slightly as I moved my hand to comfort my father. I pat his back slightly as he shielded his tears with his lace-like cuffs. I smiled slightly trying to comfort him as he continued to mutter my mother's name.

My cheeks tingled slightly and another sound of footsteps wattled into my ear. I breathed in and looked up to see Jane breathless. Her violet-like eyes were deepened in her face. And the expression of sheer despair wrote itself on the woman's face.

As she carefully walked towards us I noticed something off. She was holding Henry in her hands. My father's eyes widened and he ran towards Jane. "Jane what happened!?" He cried out. Jane flinched back slightly and bowed her head as she placed the duck down. Her lip quivered slightly and my father's hand shook slightly.

"Your son is gone."