Chapter 29 ~ Cheerful Song Bird

21st of June 1796

~Y/N's pov~

I snuggled closer into my blanket as the morning cold ate at my skin. My eyes were clenched closed and my hands holding my blanket tightly. I felt an arm tighten around my neck and I opened my eyes to see George half asleep and naked. I flinched away slightly and noticed I had no clothing on as well.

My mind raced around, confused until I remember yesterday. I panicked slightly and felt the arm around me move away. I turned my head and George was smugly grinning. "Morning Y/N~" He teased. I quickly covered my chest and glared at him.

"How did you get me to agree with this?" I questioned awkwardly. George shrugged his shoulders and leaned back on his pillow. "Probably my irresistible charm." He replied. I looked at him blankly hitting him across the face. George flinched up and looked at me, "Y/N WHAT THE HELL!!!" He gasped.

I folded my arms and slid back down into the blanket. The warm fabric wrapped around my skin and I closed my eyes again. "I hate you, why did we have to do this, out of every other way to spend time with your significant other?" I pouted. George pat my head and moved towards me.

"Why do you sound so bitter Y/N, by the sounds you made last night, I would have guessed you enjoyed it." He chuckled. "S o u n d s?" My eyes widened. George smiled and pinched my cheek. "Yes Y/N sounds, very loud sounds. It's actually funny since you told me that I should be quieter and yet here you are, I'm pretty sure the whole palace heard us." He giggled.

"What-I um" I awkwardly stuttered and hit his shoulder. George flinched back again and sighed. "There you go again, hitting me like I'm some sort of dog." I folded my arms again and leaned back. "At least a dog would be a better husband than you." I spiteful spoke. George scoffed playfully and we both laid down in silence.

I stared up at the blank wall, as I breathed in gently. A knock then sounded in my ear causing George and I to sit up. George sighed and rolled his eyes as he pulled up my blanket to cover me. He then covered most of his self and looked towards the door. "Yes come in." He spoke in an unenthusiastic tone.

The door opened and a nervous solider walked in. "Your Majesty, we have the ship and men prepared. We just need the whereabouts of His Highness Prince Charles." He bowed. My eyes widened and I turned to George. "Whereabouts? George, what is he talking about?"

George turned towards me and nervously chuckled. "About Charles, could you perhaps give us his location so we can retrieve him?" He spoke awkwardly. I furrowed my brow, "Why would I do that?" I spoke shocked. George smiled awkwardly and sighed, "Y/N, I know you think Charles is better off in America but how do you expect him to grow up without us?" he questioned.

I stayed silent and George grabbed my shoulders gently. "Y/N he's sick, as much as he wasn't sick when you left his disease is periodic which means he could become ill at any time. You have to realise that America doesn't have the medical capabilities to look after him, we're the only people to even have Charles medication. So please Y/N tell me where he is." He begged. I looked at him blankly and I sighed.

"George I don't really know the exact address but-" I looked up at George who's eyes were bright and optimistic. I scoffed and I looked down at my hands, "If you ask around for a man named Alfred L/N in New York you may be able to find him." I replied. George looked at me gestured for the soldier to write the name down. "And what if we can't find him then?" He questioned.

"Well you guess you could ask Samuel, but I'm guessing you aren't to keen on that-" George cut me off and smiled. "Y/N, I'd do anything for our son even if that means acquiring the help of an old enemy." He spoke. I sighed and glanced sideways.
"23rd Wales Street, the house with a red roof," I mumbled. George gestured for the soldier to write the address down and dismissed the solider. George grinned and hugged me tightly.

"Soon we'll all be a happy family."