Chapter 30 ~ Return And Anxiety

21st of June 1796

~Alfred's pov~

I had finished early today and as walked down the willow wooded pathway. I held my brown leather bag that contained tidings of all my instruments used to educate the children I taught.

It was the same bliss afternoon I had previously enamoured in. The orange glow of the fading sun, glimmering amongst my eyes. I breathed in the cold afternoon air and smiled, what had been months undisturbed by the drama my life bore, I felt fulfilled.

Y/N was due to return in a few months, to my dismay I hadn't heard from her, but either way, I trusted her intuition. I was excited to start this new chapter of my life when Y/N returned. Everything was so beautiful and simple and with Y/N's presence, I was excited to see what my life had in store for me.

I sighed slightly and turned to see a group of people surrounded around a notice board. I shrugged my shoulders slightly until I realised a familiar voice calling out my name. I turned my head and saw Mr Hamilton waving towards me. I furrowed my brow slightly and walked towards the small crowd, huddled amongst the notices.

I waved towards Alexander as I moved closer to him and as immediately as his eyes peered at me, he moved me towards one of the notices. I looked at the notice slightly confused and Alexander spoke worriedly. "Read it, Alfred." I nodded and I looked in front of me at the tattered paper.

An Important Notice
~~~

The youngest son of His Majesty King George III has been speculated to inhabit somewhere in this district.

As commanded by His Majesty there is a £200 pound and a due personal request from anyone who can locate the missing Prince.

His description is as follows,

Greyish blue eyes, Pale and short blonde hair, very pale skin and an approximate height of 4"2.

Any information about the regards of Prince Charles's whereabouts should be immediately reported to the building in which is listed below.

His Majesty thanks anyone who will be able to help in the search for his son.

~~~

My eyes widened and I looked at Alexander panicked. I pushed passed the crowd in front of me and started bolting towards my home. My legs sped quickly as my mind raced with thoughts, but with one sticking out the most. This could only mean one thing.

Y/N wasn't coming back.

My body raced closer and closer as I ran towards my house. I felt my feet skid against the rough gravelly road as my feet paced against its surface, but no avail was shown in my mannerisms, I was hell-bent on making sure Charles was safe.

Soon I reached the door of my humble abode. I stayed still, breathing in to make up for the air lost in my feeble pursuit. My eyes immediately glanced over to the area beside the door, this would be my key to tell whether Charles was still amongst my very guardianship.

But to my dismay and horror no red boots which belonged to Charles where present. My eyes widened with fear and in no due time, I found myself slamming the door open. I glanced around my empty house and noticed muddy footprints scattered on the floor.

My anxiety weakened, but still lingered as I bore deeper into the house. My footsteps creaked slightly along the wooden floor until I reached the kitchen. In the corner was Charles who was playing amongst the sink. I walked towards him and he turned around revealing the group of four small ducklings which were splashing around in the sinks water.

Charles looked at me slightly scared and stuttered "I-I can explain." But instead of berating him I just smiled in relief and hugged him.

At least I knew he was safe.

~Frederick's pov~

The four of us all gathered around the table. My mother, Johanna, I and my father all dining together.

My face was still flushed red at the awkwardness of last night. It was quite the experience I witnessed last night and despite no longer being deemed of pure mind after yesterday's evening's adventures, I still feel disoriented at the whole prospect of reproduction.

Of course, my situation didn't help with my father's constant stares at both me and Johanna. I knew he was glad his son was so big and grown-up but his way of communicating it was quite odd. As well as my nosy father I had my mother who was quite the opposite in the regard that she gave no thought upon my well-being. I was still upset that she didn't even consider attending my wedding.

Of course, as I look back on the day, her presence would have ruined such a day. Either way, all I cared about now was finishing my food, or at least my father finishing. At least the general demeanour at this present moment was peaceful and quiet. I sighed slightly and yawned as I observed the moonlit night. The luminous glow of blue reminding me of someone who, even as I'd hate to admit I love, June. Even though I was married I still missed her dearly.

I breathed in slightly and twisted the fork in my hand around, that, of course, is when my father decided to ruin dinner. He smiled at me and rested his elbow, leaning towards Johanna. "So Johanna dear? Was my son good?" He questioned. My eyes widened and both Johanna and I's faces flushed red. "I-um-" Johanna stuttered slightly until my mother hit my father across the back.

"George what did I tell you about saying things like that!?" She spoke frustratedly. My father flinched slightly and playfully pouted, "But Y/N I want to know if my Freddy is as good in bed as his father." He chuckled. My mother flushed red at his remark and glared at him. "Well, not at the dinner table!" She scolded him. My father chuckled and moved his arm around her waist, pulling her towards him.

"What do you mean Y/N? I always talk about what we do in bed to my friends, I remember I was discussing politics with a minister when I mentioned the sound you make when I tou-" My mother covered his mouth and she clenched her eyes.  "Frederick, Johanna, could you both please go. I think this dinner has gone long enough." She instructed. I nodded and both Johanna and I walked out.

I sighed slightly at my parents' childlike behaviour and glared towards the moon.

I wasn't ready to be an adult.