Chapter 19

Y/n: "Wow this shop really cleans up nicely." Y/n said to Oscar and ,the employee sent by Ozpin, O. Renji. Y/n still does not know what the O stands for. The trio stood in front of the ,about to be opened, blacksmith shop 'Nidavellir', named after the realm of the dwarves. A bit on the nose if you know the norse sagas but still fitting.

Renji: "I still do not understand the name, sir." The older man said respectfully.

Y/n: "It's one of the names of the realm of the dwarves, the best craftsmen in all nine realms." Y/n explained proudly.

Oscar: "So what is the plan now?" Y/n looked at the young boy before giving him a pat on his head.

Y/n: "Now I will go and bring my forge here." The two companions of Y/n looked at him confused as he walked off but that confusion turned to shock as they saw a giant shadow snake appear behind the guildhall. The serpent coiled around the shed that was used by Y/n as his workshop. "Ok now carefully lift!" They heard Y/n say to the snake which nodded its giant head before raising the shed off of the ground. With a few waves Y/n led the snake to the new building where it carefully placed the shed down again. "Thanks Jorm!" The snake hissed happily as Y/n rubbed its chin, before it disappeared back into the boy's shadow. "Ok now!" Renji and Oscar watched as Y/n walked into Nidavellir and punched a hole into the wall where the shed was placed, now the two were connected.

Renji: "Has Mister Schwarz always been like... this?" Renji asked Oscar.

Oscar: "Hard to say... the strength yes, the whole... giant snake thing no." Oscar answered.

Y/n: "Renji, could you man the front? Remember we are currently only guarantee weapons with D to C-Rank quality, repairs can't be a 100% replenishment in durability and we do not yet make any promises for armor. My skills are still not good enough in that regard."

Renji: "Of course sir." The man said bowing down.

Y/n: "If you still want to help come with me Oscar." The two went into the forge area where Y/n lit the forge. "As different as the students are so are their weapons, just look at the members of our guild. We have two people that use knives, one with a rapier, a warhammer, a bastard sword-"

Oscar: "Bastard... sword?" Oscar asked confused.

Y/n: "Jaunes sword, it is of the bastard type, meaning that is not quite long enough to be a longsword but also not as short as broadsword. These swords can be wielded with one or two hands, if you want you could also call them One-and-a-half handed." Y/n explained as he placed a piece of iron into the forge. "But back on what I was going to say. We also have someone wielding a scythe, one with knuckle-dusters, one with a shortsword, me who uses axes and Phyrra who uses... to be honest I have no idea what that type of sword is called, it looks like a broadsword but the shape is too different." Y/n said shrugging.

Oscar: "Why are you telling me all of this?"

Y/n: "Because I am going to teach you the basics of forging. Important is that you know that there are two big ways in which you can forge a weapon. The first is using an ingot." Y/n began explaining, pulling out the now glowing, bright orange, ingot. "And hammering it into shape." With a strong hit the metal lost its ingot shape a big dent now in it. "The force of you swing mainly comes from gravity, you do not really swing the hammer down with that much force, you just add to gravities effect." More and more hits slowly shaped the ingot into a blade like shape. "See how the metal is now slowly losing its glow, that shows that it is losing heat, it's cooling down." Oscar listened closly, wanting to memorize every tiny detail. "You will get a feel to when the metal is hot enough or has cooled down too much, same with how hard you can hit it and how it will respond to your hits." Placing the ingot back into the forge Y/n began working the bellows-