Chapter 34

Y/n gave his companions a side glance.

Y/n: "Is there something like a special way you have to enter a church of Christ?" The question was half jokingly and half serious. His ancestors probably would have told him 'break the door open and enter while swinging your axe around wildly'.

Qrow: "No." Qrow simply answered and Y/n grabbed one of the handles of the giant set of doors that looked identical to the once they entered the Dungeon through. With a mighty pull the door opened and revealed the interiour of the giant church, cathedral, Y/n corrected himself. Inside there were rows upon rows of pews.

The giant room was lit brightly by Dust crystals that grew out of the enourmous pillars that held up the roof.

Y/ns grip on his weapon and shield tightened as his eyes fell upon a lone figure kneeling in front of an altar. If this wasnt a Dungeon the picture that was in front of Y/n would be one he would admit to finding beautiful. The sun light fell through a giant window and was died in thousands of colors.

Lavendar: "I reckon this is the boss room."

Cobaltinia: "And that over there is the boss, yes."

Qrow: "No time to waste then. Kiddo, is on tank duty, Cobaltinia you should probably try to get on one of those higher areas, Lavendar stays close to you while I try to help out Y/n. Objections?"

Y/n: "None." With that the four Heroes entered the cathedral as the doors slammed shut behind them right away. Giving Cobaltinia a nod Y/n continued to close in on the person kneeling in front the altar while the elderly lady drew back an arrow. Y/n did not even flinch as the arrow whizzed passed his head and impaled the person right through the back of the head.

Ofcourse it could not be so easy. The moment the arrow hit the person let out a loud shriek. It got up as if there wasnt a hole through its head and turned around, revealing what looks to be a woman in religious clothing. Her hands were still locked together in a prayer as she glared towards the group.

Woman: "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, thy blood shall bring the children of Adam back to life. God be my witness. He shall guide my hand. I am his sword as I am his shield. To bring salvation upon the souls of Jüterbog. Blessed be his name. Amen." The light behind the giant window grew brighter and brighter before something began to knock on the glass. The moment the woman unknitted her hands the glass gave away and similar to a bucket being emptied hundreds of Undead spilled into the cathedral.

Y/n: "I think we should head back out." Y/n said as he watched the Undead pile unto the woman.

Qrow: "Already ahead of you kiddo." Qrow said as he went to the door and began pushing. Unlike previous Bossrooms Y/n had encountered the door opened and the four ran out, cleaving their way through a mass of Undead. They quickly made their way onto a nearby roof and watched as the cathedral crumbled into rubble. In the middle of the remains the mass of Undead could be seen withering and moving. Slowly the mass of bodies formed into something else. Held together by what looked to be light itself a giant woman made out of thousand upon thousands of Undead slowly formed, her hands locked in prayer. "Is this some kind of reference I dont get?"

Y/n: "I think I need Jorm for this." The boy called upon his serpent summon, which quickly grew to a size that even towered the enourmous lady. "Half my energy is gone now. We have around 5 minutes till I run out and have to recall Jorm."

Lavendar: "Let us make haste then." She raised her staff and pointed the tip towards Y/n. "Oh Brother sons of Oum, thee who bring balance through light and dark. I beseek thee, son of light, grant thy strength. Enhance!" A golden aura surrounds Y/n and he could feel himself get stronger. With a chuckle Y/n cracked his neck and prepared to jump.