Chapter 29

Another young man in armor fell to the floor, holding his chest in pain. A wooden sword was pointed at his throat by Y/n, who soon after offered the man a hand.

Y/n: "Your strikes are strong but you wind them up too long. Try to use weaker, faster hits." Y/n said as he looked towards the captain of the guards stationed at the castle, Captain Bress. The woman looked intimedating with her short black hair, the numerous scars covering her face and the exposed parts of her arms and the giant blade she swung around as if it was a stick she just picked up. "I must say you did a great job training them." Y/n said honest. "They are better than nearly all my classmates, could have some troubles against second years tho." The woman chuckled.

Bress: "That is true. Now time for the spar I promised you." The viking boy could not help but smile as he went into a fighting stance. Bress grabbed a trainings sword and got ready. The two combatants waited for the other to make the first move but they got stopped.

Aurorius: "Captain Bress, would you mind if I take this?" The two turned to see the king himself walk onto the trainings field. The fancy cothing was replaced with something more fitting for training and a trainings sword was in his hand.

Bress: "Not at all sire." The woman said bowing her had. She stepped back allowing the king to face Y/n.

Y/n: "I doubt this is a fight I want." This got a chuckle out of the king.

Aurorius: "Seeing that I wish to see what you are capable off I doubt you have any choice."

Y/n: "Very well, but please do not execute me for hurting you." Getting ready Y/n waited for the signal and as it came he rushed the king. A swift swing towards the kings head only met the mans sword. "Impressive reaction my lord." The man laughed.

Aurorius: "Oh please, this is no where near your best. Do not hold back." He ordered. Nodding Y/n send a flurry of blows towards his opponent so many in fact that even the trained and experienced king could only helplessly accept the pain. Falling to the ground the king looked up and froze. He had faced many opponents in his time as king. Many battles he fought alongside his troops. Only few times he came so close to death and he would never forget the look in his opponents eyes when they had him at their mercy. Right now Y/n had that look.

Y/n: "If this was a battle back in the days of my ancestors I would have just become king." Y/n said with a smirk as he offered the ruler of Vale his hand. "You are a good fight sire."

Aurorius: "Do not lie to save my pride." The man stopped as he saw the thoughtful look on the boys face. "What is on your mind?"

Y/n: "May I speak freely?" The man chuckled once more, nodding.

Aurorius: "You and my son would have made great friends. He always hated the sugar coated words people used around us. Please as long as you are here, feel free to talk to me like you would talk to any of your friends."

Y/n: "I can not do that sire." Y/n objected.

Aurorius: "Of course you can. Now what is on your mind?"

Y/n: "The time you blocked my first strike, you did not look. It was easy for you and even my last attacks, it always looked like as if you were ready to block them. Why didn't you?"

Aurorius: "Just because I can see them does not mean I can react to them. You are a beast mister Schwarz, a one man army. That is clear from the way you fight, so relentless, so aggressive yet always on edge ready to disengage if you feel a threat. If you did not hold back even a wooden sword would become a deadly weapon in your hands."

Y/n: "You praise me too much." Y/n said.

Aurorius: "No I am not." The king looked at Y/n seriously. "Mister Schwarz as a king I would be mad not doing my damndest to keep you in my kingdom. Name your prize. Whatever to will cost me to make sure you will serve my kingdom as a Hero, I will pay it and extra." Seeing no way to deny the kings will Y/n relented.