Chapter 12: Classes

Y/n and Summer entered the guildhall of the Hunters Guild finding their fellow guildmates happily chatting while having dinner. All eyes were on them the moment the door fell shut.

Y/n: "We are back."

Velvet: "Welcome back Master. I will a plate and some cutlery for the two of you, you must be hungry from your travels." The bunny faunus said before walking towards the kitchen. Summer and Y/n both took a seat at the table.

Nora: "How was the quest? Did you fight any cool grimm?" Nora asked excitedly.

Summer: "Our Guildmaster fought an Ursa Clan Mother on his own with nothing but his bare hands."

Yang: "Hehe BEAR hands." A collective groan was heard.

Y/n: "I said the exact same thing." he said with a smile. A plate of food was placed in front of him. "Thank you Velvet." Summer too thanked the worker and everyone resumed eating, Y/n and Summer told the rest about their quest and the things that happened. Soon Y/n realized that someone was missing. "Say, where is Weiss?" The mood suddenly fell.

Yang: "That little-"

Phyrra: "She and Ruby had a fight!" Phyrra blurted out hoping to stop Yang from saying something too rude.

Y/n: "What happened?"

Jaune: "Most of us don't really know ourselves." Jaune said has he rubbed the back of his head.

Ren: "Nora, Jaune, Phyrra and I were out farming some grimm as it happened." The monk rectified and Y/n turned to look at Blake, Yang and Ruby.

Ruby: "S-she wasn't all too happy with me having been put in charge."

Blake: "We were at Ports class and Weiss was choosen to demonstrate the best way to slay a Boarbatusk."

Y/n: "Deflect initial attack and hit unprotected belly, right?" Blake nodded. "Sorry continue."

Blake: "Weiss didn't know how to do it and Ruby tried to help." The assassine continued.

Yang: "She just wanted to help but Weiss took it as an insult on her capabilities as a Hero." Yang said angrily.

Blake: "Yeah that, the class ended and Weiss stormed out, Ruby followed her, the rest we are not sure ourselves seeing that only Ruby and Weiss know what happened then. All we know is that whatever the two spook about caused a rather... tense time since it happened." Y/n nodded and looked at Ruby, who stayed mostly quiet, while she tried to hide herself away.

Y/n: "Please tell me what happened. I am your Guildmaster, it is my job to make sure everyone is getting along with eachother. If one of my decisions caused a problem I need to know so I can make better choices later on."

Ruby: "Do you think it was a mistake to make me the temporary leader?" Ruby asked with tears in her eyes.

Y/n: "Do you?" Y/n asked, gently smiling.

Ruby: "I. I don't understand."

Y/n: "Do you think I made a mistake in choosing you?"

Ruby: "I am not sure." She answered slowly.

Y/n: "There you have your answer. I am not sure myself if it was a mistake. How could I tell? It has only been 1 day with you in charge, maybe two, but that is still not enough to come to a conclusion." Y/n took a sip from his cup. "I might have placed too much pressure on you too fast." Y/n said, sounding apologetic.

Yang: "No boss, Ruby did great."

Jaune: "Yeah, we were on time to our classes, she split us up for more efficient farming." Jaune began to count of.