Chapter 37

Angrily tugging at the tight collar of his cursed fancy clothing Y/n mumbled a long list of curses. He hated the feeling of this way too expensive cloth on his body, how it felt too thin and lacked all kinds of protection. Even worse was the fact that he had Weiss trying to force every little rule of etiquette into him.

Y/n: "By Odin. Weiss! I lived at the Kings keep for a few days already AND was forced to attend one of his fancy balls. I know how to behave."

Weiss: "That might be true but this time we are there too meaning you are not there as Y/n Schwarz the Hero-in-training but also Y/n Schwarz the Guildmaster of the Hunters Guild." Y/n sighed as he leaned his head back towards Yang who was combing the already pretty long wolf tail he had grown. The previously just barely coming in stubble had turned into a shadow of a beard, one that still clearly showed the scar he had gotten from Jorm. A decent part of Y/n was sad that he was not allowed to bring any of his friends with him. At least he had Qrow there with him.

Said Hero was currently in a similar situation, but it was Summer who was trying to force some good behaviour out of the man. Once again Y/n angrily tugged at his collar, wishing to have his padded fabric armor instead of this.

At least he wont have to worry about not having a weapon with him. His summons could always turn into one if needed, not that that will be the case. Nobody would be dumb enough to attack a royal celebration honoring a team of S-Rank Heroes and there are a lot of reasons as to why.

Firstly the entire city is still on high alert since the breach of Vales walls. The Keep is even higher guarded since the Kings family was targetted by assassines. Next will be because of who will be attending the festivities, a single S-Rank Hero could theoratically be killed with a lot of luck, work and a decent surprise attack, four of them together at one place are romoured to be able to defeat entire armies. And lastly the Headmaster of Beacon himself along with his assistant will also be attending because Y/n was still one of his students after all.

Doing one last check of his clothing and hair Y/n got ready to head out and meet with Ozpin.

Qrow was seemingly also released by Summer as the two walked towards Ozpins tower.

Qrow: "How can Nobles wear these clothes all the time?" The Druid asked annoyed.

Y/n: "Their skins are a lot more sensitive then ours." This got a chuckle out of Qrow. "At least there will be food and drink until we pass out." Y/n shrugged. "Here is to hope I can get a decent fight too and the evening will be made."

Goodwitch: "I hope you are not planning on starting said fight mister Schwarz."

Y/n: "Would you belief me if I said I wasn't?" Came the answer with a smile. Turning around Y/n got a good look at his combat instructor and it was a sight to behold. It is not like Glynda Goodwitch's casual attire was not fancy, but in comparison this outfit was exactly what you would expect someone to wear for such an occasion, even though there was a clear artistic choice made to show that she still was a Hero. As she stepped closer Y/n instantly spotted the wand hiddenly bound to her ankle.

Ozpin meanwhile wore a more formal version of his usual robes. Y/n already knew that his walking stick doubled as the mans staff. The four of them were armed, even if it wasn't clear. For the adults their magic alone was enough, and for Y/n, for Y/n his summons would be able to clear the entire room in mere moments.

Ozpin: "Noone will be foolish enough to start anything of that kind when there are at least 6 Heroes around."

Qrow: "Never underestimate peoples stupidity Ozzy." Qrows speech already had a slight slur to it, showing that the Druid once again had been drinking. Ozpin and Glynda both shared a look of disapproval of Qrows behaviour yet they did not speak their mind. There also was a look of worry, one you would give a good friend of yours.