Chapter 15: Theory

Ruby: "Sooo... Are you back to normal?" Ruby asked from her hiding spot behind her sister.

Y/n: "As normal as you can be when you just had an epic battle against the second bringer of Ragnarök." Y/n said shrugging as best as his binds allowed him to.

Weiss: "What was that snake called again? Jarmingander?" Weiss asked trying to remember what she read.

Y/n: "Jormungandr, the world serpent." Y/n answered. "He forcefully unlocked himself and we battled for control."

Blake: "You think that he was the reason for the strange behaviour?" Blake asked.

Jormungandr: "It wasss not me Masssster." The snakes voice brought a massive pain with it.

Y/n: "Glad to know that everytime you speak to me I feel like having my head dunked into lava."

Jormungandr: "Ssssorry." He sounded rather sad confusing Y/n.

Yang: "I hope you are talking to your summon and you didn't went crazy." Yang joked.

Y/n: "Can someone please untie me?" The moment he asked that the tattoo of Jormungandr began to move and out of his hand came the head of the giant snake this time not much bigger than the avarge snakes head. It hissed at the girls before bitting through the rope, freeing Y/n. "Thank you." Trying to get up and cracking his neck Y/n felt the pain of the newly aquired wound for the first time. "Damn you really did a number on me Jorm." Y/n joked. Slowly, with the help of Yang , Y/n managed to fully stand up.

Ruby: "Are you sure you shoud be moving?" Ruby asked worried.

Weiss: "We still have to figure out what is going on." Weiss said.

Blake: "So back to searching." Y/n nodded and called upon Fenrir. The wolf whimpered before muzzleing Y/n who chuckled a bit while patting the wolf.

Y/n: "I'm fine buddy. Your brother just needed a bit of encouragement to join me." Fenrir growled revealing his fangs as Y/n felt Jormungandr trying to shrink away. "Hey." Y/n said gently. "I'm fine. But we have to continue. Hugin, Munin? Could you please lend me your help?"

Hugin: "No need to ask~" The two birds came from Y/ns shadow and took flight. With the help of Yang Y/n got on Fenrirs back and ,feeling a bit light headed, he gave the wolf the go ahead.

Blake: "Are you sure you are doing ok? You look pale." Blake said concerned.

Y/n: "My head is... killing me..." Y/n answered weakly. The girls were about to say something but decided against it as Y/ns ravens returned to him.

Munin: "We found something.~"

Hugin: "A strange building at the center of the island.~" Y/n looked at Ruby and Yang with one eyebrow raised.

Ruby: "We never really went this far away from home." Ruby admitted.

Y/n: "Hugin, tell Summers group to meet us there. I have a bad feeling about this."

The bird flew off while Y/n and his group made their way to their new destination. But as they were approaching their goal Y/n felt an attack approaching from behind and barely managed to dodge Yangs fist. Quickly Y/n made Fenrir shrink down throwing off the girls while he remained on Fenrirs back. Looking at his friends he quickly noticed the changes. Their eyes were blank, white orbs, lacking the iris and pupil. They all were starring at Y/n their faces contorted to animal like snarls.

Y/n: "You were not lying Jorm." Y/n said while getting ready to fight. Yang was the first to attack, but the others were not waiting with their attacks for long. Y/n, who was still rather weakened from his injuries had no choice but to rely on his summons. "I hope you know how to hold back." Y/n said as the snake tattoo uncoiled from his arm and grew in size. A now atleast 30 meter long Jormungandr and a 15 meter tall fenrir stood beside Y/n as the boy clutched his chest in pain. "Knock them out. Try to not hurt them too badly." Y/n ordered before dodging Yangs fist and kicking her into Blake, who dissappeared in a puff of smoke before reappearing behind Y/n. All he could do was roll with the punch that connected to the back of his head. A grunt was heard as Jormungandr managed to coil around Weiss who was trying to stab the prone Y/n. Yang began to lay all she had into the body of the giant snake yet a punch from Y/n caught her attention. She let out a loud roar as she swung wildly towards Y/n who managed to dodge, yet it came at a cost as he began to feel the warm of his own blood slowly seep into his clothing. Ruby, who was trying to aid Yang was quickly attacked by Munin who began to peck at her face.