Chapter 28

Everyone had gathered in the audiotorium. It was the day before the second half of the school year would begin and so the Headmaster called every student together for a speech. Y/n stood together with the other members of his Guild, waiting for the ceremony to begin. It did not take long till Ozpin walked onto the stage and used the spell he had used back on the day of the initiation.

Ozpin: "I am proud to welcome everyone back for the next half of the school year. In the first half you have learned more about yourself, you got your rank and some of you even joined a Guild. Classes were focused around making sure you all know the bare basics about Fighting and the Grimm. Now this coming semester will be focused on what it means to be a Hero. Each of yu will get a Quest sometime this semester. For those who already went through a Quest there will be harder tests heading your way so be prepared." The doors of the audiotorium suddenly burst open and in came a large group of soldiers. While everyone was confused they surounded Y/n all pointing their spears or swords at him. "What is the meaning of this?!" Ozpin asked angrily upon seeing one of his students being held captive. The sage dropped the spell so the soldiers could answer.

Captain: "In the name of King Aurorius III of Vale, Y/n Schwarz is under arrest for having murdered the prince!" Gasps echoed through the room and many students began to mumble.

Ozpin: "That is absurd. Mister Schwarz co-" The boy in question raised his hand signalling Ozpin to stop.

Y/n: "I will come with you, peacefully. While I believe there has to be a mistake, it is best to talk about that in peace." Showing no signs of resistance Y/n held out his hands so one of the soldiers could place the chains around his wrists. Turning to look at the captain of the soldiers Y/n asked. "May I speak to my Guild to make sure they do not do anything stupid?" The man huffed but still nodded. "Guys, I promise there has to be an missunderstanding, stay calm and do not do anything stupid. I am looking at you Yang and Nora. Ok we can go." One soldier grabbed the chain while two stood next to Y/n, one on each side, three were behind him pointing their spears at him, ready to attack if Y/n stepped out of line. He could feel the stares on him, many were shocked, a few looked smug and another few looked like they expected Y/n to do something like that. With no hussle Y/n got onto the back of the cart. He knew that resisting arrest will only bring further suspicion, so the best he could do was just accept his fate and relent.

Captain: "I hope you know what this means for you boy." The man said.

Y/n: "Like I said, there has to be a mistake. I did not kill the crown prince, nor have I ever even met him for that matter." Y/n stated.

Captain: "Over 20 eyewitnesses say otherwise. But we will see."

Y/n: "It is not out of the realm of possibility for someone who is able to change their appearance to have tried to frame me." Y/n countered. "Classes are vast and still widely unknown, it is not impossible for there to be a class that allows such illusions to be used."

Captain: "Like I said, we will see. The royal court mage has a spell that will get the answers we need out of you. Now shut up and stay still till we arrive at the castle." Following the order the rest of the journey to the castle was spent in relative silence, only the sound of the horses breaking it. It did take a while to reach the castle and once there Y/n was kinda roughly pushed off of the cart and towards the throne room. In the giant hall a lot of nobles had gathered and they all began to chatter as they saw Y/n get lead into the room. A few meters away from the king, who was sitting on his throne, Y/n kneeled down.

Aurorius: "You are Y/n Schwarz correct?" The king asked.

Y/n: "Yes your majesty."

Aurorius: "What do you say to the accusation of being the murderer of my son?"