Chapter 32 Full of Life and Death

Elsa pulled a blanket over Salty who was on the bed just frozen still, he was dead... Pepper was hysterical as I held her in my arms, seeing her cry made me wanna cry also. Her tears made wet spots on the front of my shirt as she sobbed away. Jimmy held back his tears as he saw how delicately Elsa covered Salty's cold body. Elsa came over to me and tapped on my shoulder as I let go of Pepper.

"Here here my child." She said almost pushing me out of the way to get to Pepper and comfort her.

I stood back as I just look toward the body that was now covered with a blanket. I went to Jimmy's arms and he hugged me as I almost cried at how sad the whole thing was. I hated seeing Pepper sad, she was so nice and peaceful. Her brother or maybe husband, I wasn't really sure which, but I could tell how much Pepper loved him no matter if it was a family love or a love like mine and Jimmy's. Pepper left Elsa's arms as she for the last time went over to his bedside and cried over his cold lifeless body. Everyone just dispersed again mourning once again over yet another death, all of our emotions as a family were all over the place at how much we have lost in such little time....

2 Weeks Later...

Pepper was going absolutely nuts. For the past week she had been crying, screaming, having outrageous out bursts full of rage. She would always beg for Salty but he was gone now... We were all still in great mourning as the days passed after Salty died, the two actually brightened up the Freak show with their playfulness, now that was all gone...Things have been good, Ive been going to work everyday, serving the same regulars everyday. At this point I had memorized their usual orders and everything. I had seen Jenny and we would always have a blast working together, getting to know each other. We worked as a little tag team, running around helping each other out.

With all the death and mourning you would think all of us would be depressed but surprisingly over the past week the bunch got used to it and they tried looking on the bright side of things. The Freak show still managed to be full of life even after all we have been through.

Jimmy and I were still going strong through the bad and good. It was so clear that we were boyfriend and girlfriend at this point now that it was almost the end of June already. We tried making the best of it and we were going out enjoying our time together as much as we could. We were like glued at the hip, Im surprised he wasn't sick of me already. Things were just like a dream with him and I never wanted it to end. I cant imagine my life without him, being with him made me realize not to take for granted what we had. All that mattered was us.

I hadn't talked to my mother in weeks. And I sure as hell wasn't gonna call her either, she would have to wait until shes dead to have me call her first. My grandmother called every once and a while, sometimes I would call her and I asked her how things have been and how John is holding up. She'd always say the same thing, "Yes sweetie, everything is fine. Stop your worrying child, everything is just fine." In reality I knew it wasn't but I acted as if it was so I wont make more of a mess of things. It was clear as daylight what the problem was but bringing it up would just cause a giant mess.

I tried not talking about it much with Jimmy just because I knew he had his own family problems like the one who would stare us right in the face everyday, aka Dell. Jimmy was still trying to figure out a way to get him out of this place. I told him multiple times, "Just tell the bastard to get his ass out of here, he just causes more shit!" But Jimmy would just reason and avoid it, I wasn't sure if it was that he was still in mourning or the fact that maybe he really did want Dell to stay.

Ethel had been holding up well and I would always check on her see if she was ok, she always found a way to cope but I knew that what she felt was the way I felt too. We both have grown close because of how we can both relate a lot to our pasts and the feelings that will always be scared in our brains. We grew so close that she even invited me to take her to town to see the doctor.

Anyways, today Jimmy was at practice, rehearsing for the show and today was also the day for Maggie's payback that I was still holding back till right now.

"This will teach her a lesson." I said as I switched her shampoo with pink dye.

I had no idea what got into me but seeing Maggie angry just made me want to laugh my ass off. I wasn't afraid of her and plus thats what she gets for being a straight up bitch. Her shampoo was already pink so switching it with the dye made it look almost exactly the same. I was surprised that Maggie was practically wiped off of the face of the earth for past couple of weeks. It was actually scary not hearing from her because it made me wonder what the hell she was plotting with Stanly that asshole. Both Jimmy and I went livid when Elsa started to trust that bastard.

While I was in her tent might as well snoop a little and see what dirt I could get on her. I hated to snoop but with a bitch like her, her stuff was just begging to be snooped. I looked around carefully trying not to move things too much out of place so she wont notice.

Nothing! Nothing at all, god this girl was good at hiding her stuff. Its funny how she plays nice one second and then the next she is stabbing you right in the back. I left not wanting to spend too much time in there so it wouldn't look like I was a creep. I just couldn't wait to see the look on her face when her hair would be fluorescent pink.

I made my way back to the trailer to pass the time, maybe read a magazine or two. I was so relieved that after we had gotten the twins from Dandy's that we didn't hear from him again. Just thinking about how he tried to kill me and Jimmy along with those innocent kids, ugh made me sick. What made me even more worried and sick was the fact that I had a feeling he wasn't done either, he had to have something else up his sleeve.

As I neared the trailer to go inside I couldn't believe who was there waiting for me. It was my mother.