Chapter 49 "Couldnt Be Away From You..."

The cold silver cuffs around my wrists were digging so hard into my wrists I thought it was cut off my hands. The rude officer from before kept pushing me forward till I was shoved into a cement walled cell. He locked the metal bar door and looked at me in disappointment.

"You asked for it little lady. In a bit you get your phone call but for now enjoy the jail life." He said walking away as the keys to the cell obnoxiously jingled around his officers belt.

I looked at the cell in front of me and just like me they were pushing and shoving the love of my life right in front of my eyes. Jimmy tried getting out of there grip but it wasn't working when 3 officers were practically on top of him and pushing him through the metal bars. He fell onto the dirty floor of his cell that matched the nasty floor in mine as well. I could see him peeking with serious glares at me from across the cell. Once the finally pushed and shoved his stubborn ass into the cell and left, it was just the two of us now. He came toward the metal bars and gripped them as he pressed his head as much as he could to be closer to the bars than imaginable. I did the same as I looked at him, he looked fuming mad at me.

"Mel! What the fuck where you thinking?!" He said gripping the bars tighter.

"I just couldn't do it...I couldn't be away from you, I couldn't let you take the blame for all of this. I couldn't lose you, not again..." I said letting a tear escape my eye as I gripped my metal bars harder as I stared up at him from across the long cement floor gap keeping us apart.

I couldn't lose him again, he almost drowned himself in drinks if I hadn't tossed that bottle out of his hands but it was also my fault because we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me...

"We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me...fuck this is all my fault..." I whispered slamming my hand against the hard metal bars.

"Mel this isn't your fault...shit just happened, we couldn't do anything about it...all we can do is just move forward and figure shit out later." Jimmy said wrapping his fused fingers around the metal bars of his cell harder as a tear ran down his face.

"I know shit happens but still..." I said looking down toward my belly, shit happens I told myself.

"Hey! Hey! You two stop socializing! And miss its your lucky day." The officer from before said interrupting our conversation. He unlocked my cell and grabbed at my waist like a pervert, smirking and everything. He grabbed at the cuffs and unlocked them.

I pushed away from him really fast trying to get as far away as possible I didn't want his hands on me.

"Someone anonymously got you out on bail honey, your free to go, move along now. A police cruiser is gonna take ya home." He said pointing to the exit.

"No. You don't understand I cant leave and I wont leave." I said stepping closer toward Jimmy's cell door.

"Miss, Im not gonna ask you again, your free to go if you wanna help him I suggest you leave." He said grabbing my wrist and dragging me away.

"No! Get your hands off of me!" I screamed as he pushed me away into the police station, away from the jail cells.

"Sorry Miss but I had to do it. Your one stubborn girl aren't you?" The officer asked as he finally let go of me.

"Trust me...I know I'm stubborn but I would do anything for him...even-"

"Going to jail on purpose?" The officer finished my sentence.

"Yeah...Anything for love."

"Well, this time you were lucky someone bailed you out. I have a feeling someone definitely doesn't want the two of you together." He said.