Chapter 9 Invaded by a "Monster"

We both entered the main tent together and it was so obvious that we were a "thing". I was still shocked that I actually pulled off that lie with my mother. Danny was an old friend of mine from Tampa, she was like a sister to me. There was a huge table set up down the middle with a feast of food. We both took a seat toward the middle of the table. Everyone was talking and waiting for Elsa to come and eat. He held my hand in his lap while we waited.

"Oh my god, Jimmy who made all this food?"

"My Ma. She's one of the best damn cooks you have ever seen." He said smiling.

"Well then I can't wait to eat her food then."

Finally Elsa entered all dressed up like she always did ready to eat dinner.

"Now my children, let's eat!" She said raising her glass in the air as if she were toasting.

We all served ourselves and the food was really good. Ethel really knew how to cook some good food. She sat toward the edge of the table and she would stare at Jimmy and me. She didn't look so happy at first but I could tell she was hiding something. Pepper and Salty sat across from us and Pepper finally got that meatloaf she wanted. The twins were also across from us and Dot always gave me nasty looks, I was starting to think she was the mean twin. Bette always had that contagious smile on her face even when her sister was the way she was.

All of a sudden we hear the revving of a car and Jimmy stands up right away. Elsa also stands up and so does Ethel. The others also stand up and I follow going after Jimmy as he storms toward the exit of the tent. He pushes the curtain out of the way and rushes over to see what the hell was going on. Everyone follows and inches to see as well. I push to the front to stand by Jimmy. Elsa and Ethel stand near us as the bright lights of the car shut off. The car had a trailer hooked up to the back. A big bulky man came out of the car and a colored woman popped out the trailer door.

"Now who the hell are you and why have you come here?" Elsa asked with a slightly angry tone.

"Yeah, who the hell are ya?" Jimmy asked with a confused yet serious face.

"Oh kid stay out of this! This is between me and the old lady, I'm Dell and this is my wife Desiree. The strong man and the three breasted woman. We were planning on staying for a while, we could work something out ya know. Plus this place looks like a wreak someone needs to take charge here! " He suggested looking all confident.

"First of all, I'm the one who calls the shots so dont you dare come in here trying to take charge of my show! Just maybe we can work something out, follow me to my tent." Elsa said motioning for them to follow her.

"Oh no no no this cant be happening! Not him!" Ethel said whispering to herself and quivering.

"Oh my Ethel are you ok?" I asked putting a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"Ma what's wrong you ok?" Jimmy asked also worried about his mother.

Dell passed by us and gave a surprised yet nasty look toward Ethel and Jimmy.

"Hey you! Go park my trailer in a good open spot and don't scratch the car!" Dell said throwing the keys to Jimmy like he was a nobody, like a dog.

Jimmy stumbled to grab the keys and seemed pissed as he got into the car and started to park it.

I stayed by Ethel since she was in no right mind to do anything.

"It just can't! Of all people why him?" She said whispering to herself.

"Ethel please your worrying the others. Come with me." I said guiding her to the tent she pointed at which I was guessing was hers.

She pushed the curtains open and sat down almost about to cry. She kept murmuring to herself about him, which had to be Dell.