Chapter 7 Ruckuses at the Diner

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
I slowly opened my eyes and Jimmy was facing me with his eyes shut. He looked so peaceful and adorable. I kissed his nose and his eyes flickered to life as he saw me. He stayed lying down while I was semi propped up with my arm as my support as I laid next to him.

"Morning darling. You sleep well?" He said tracing circles on my supporting arm.

"Yep and with you let's just say it was ten times as good than it normally would be." I said giving him a wink just as I was about to get off the bed.

Out of the blue he grabed my arm and pulled me back onto the bed. He leaned over for a kiss. He gently pressed his lips against mine, what an amazing way to start the day. I smiled against his lips and I even laughed a little in happiness. I pulled away and just as I was about to kiss him again someone knocked loudly on my door. Our happy faces turned to "Uh Oh!" faces.

"Melanie Marie! Hurry up you need to get to work! Unlock this door this instant young lady!"

Ofcourse it was my mother! I scrambled off the bed and so did Jimmy. He gave me a "What am I going to do!?" look and I pointed to the window. He pushed the curtains aside and unlocked the latches. Over all the noise he was making I was screaming back to my mother.

"Ok mother! I'll be out in just a second!"

Just before he was about to climb down I gave him a quick kiss and mouthed to him,"See you later!"

He winked back at me and started to climb down the front of my house. I looked out the window and saw him run to his car and drive off. I slipped on my uniform really quick and finally unlocked the door for my mother.

"Now Melanie, what the hell were you doing in there?!" She asked standing in front of the door blocking the way.

"I guess I must have slept late! Move I gotta get ready." I said slightly pushing her out of the way and speed walking to the bathroom to brush my hair and dab on a bit of make-up.

I rush down the stairs and looked into the mirror at the bottom of the steps. Everything looks all good.

"Bye mother! Tell grandma and John that I said good morning!" I said screaming out the door as I rushed to get to the diner.

Just as I was basically running to the diner Jenny runs up and meets up with me.

"Hey Melanie! How are you?" She said trying to keep up with my fast pace.

"Hey! Im good just don't wanna be late for work ya know."

"Oh my, your right let's cut the chatter and get going!" She said as we continued to run to the diner.

Finally we arrived and I got straight to working. Today I was on duty at the counter. Flo wanted to give it to me easy today just so I could get a feel for it. I ran back and fourth getting this and getting that. My head was all over the place, I looked like a lost puppy compared to those waiters and waitresses that have worked here for a while. I was giving it my best shot and I tried making the best out of it. The hardest part was to remember every order and getting it down right so that I wont lose this job. I cant lose this job...if I do I dont know whats going to happen. I was already lucky enough that Flo decided to take me in or else we would be on the streets right now.

I was pouring some black coffee to an old man who is regular and mid way pouring as I looked up Jimmy enters with a bunch of others , what people would call "Freaks" with him. I almost over poured the coffee and burned the mans hand as I looked up at the bunch. They all look so happy and Jimmy smiled when he saw me. I smiled back and started to clean up around the counter. People's heads turned and everyone stared at them with looks of disgust as they stood at the entrance. Jimmy kinda looked like the leader out of all of them all tall and proud. There was a really tall woman who I was guessing was Amazon Eve because she looked familiar from the poster on the way to the Freakshow. There was a man with little arms and tattoos all over up to his neck. There was a woman with no legs but she still held herself up with her strong upper half. Then there was a little man next to her a dwarf as some would call him. Lastly there were twins it looked like a girl and a boy they both looked cute in their matching outfits, they both had shaved heads with little tiny ponytails and bulky structure. The old man reached out to me as I drifted off looking at the who bunch at the door.

"Can you please call Flo? These freaks are disturbing the peace and I cant even enjoy my coffee with them around!"

I was torn because if I called Flo they would hate me but if I didn't my job would be at risk. Jimmy and the bunch came up to the counter and they all sat down. Just as I was about to call Flo over she came storming over with another waiter. The waiter with her he was always a tattle tale according to what Jenny told me. Jenny burst through the kitchen door with a tray of food when she suddenly stopped when everyone was quiet. The whole diner fell silent just by the presence of them. She continued her rounds but she was surprised and quiet not saying a word.

"Flo, the people are complaining about them, what should we do?" The tattle tale waiter asked.

I took the action to go and serve them like regular customers because they were different but they were still people who had rights just like everyone else. People treated them like they were from Mars or something.

"Hello! My name is Melanie, I'll be your server for today. Now would y'all like something to drink or you just wanna dig right into the food?" I asked trying to keep a positive attitude since the diner was filled with negativity.

"MEATROOF MEATLOAF!" The girl with the matching out fit and semi shaved head screamed. People started to seem scared at her yelling.

"Well then Pepper over here is gonna have the meatloaf and Im going to have th-" Jimmy was cut off when Flo came in to interrupt my order.

"Melanie sweetie we can't serve these people. They need to leave immediately."

"But but Flo, they have a right to service. We can't do that to them."

"Oh honey this is my diner, these Freaks have no right to be coming in MY diner and causing a ruckuses!"

"Hey Lady! We have rights too and we aren't freaks!" Jimmy yelled just making the whole thing worse.

"Melanie please escort those things out of here this instant!" She ordered.

I shot a saddened face toward Jimmy and he gave me a nod as I came around the counter. They all got up and followed me out of the diner. They were all upset and angry.

"I'm so sorry...I wish I could have helped more..." I said apologizing to all of them. Amazon Eve stepped forward and spoke.

"Honey it's not your fault. Your actually the first person that had the heart to say something, we know you tried to help and we are so thankful for that."

"Your very welcome. Y'all don't deserve that kinda a treatment because to me y'all are just normal people, and no matter what anyone says y'all aren't freaks to me."

"We are forever thankful for your kind words, you should come down to the show sometime and meet the whole gang down there." She said as she motioned for the others to follow her.

"I sure will." I said giving one last look to Jimmy as Amazon walked with the others, I blew him a kiss making sure no one was looking and he smiled as he walked away with the others back to the Freak show.