Chapter 47 Cold Blooded Killer

Jimmy's POV
"Woah Mel, wait a minute." I said slightly moving closer to her.

I could have sworn I saw fire in her eyes, she was dead serious. For a slight second I didnt know the girl right in front of me who was practically pointing a gun at her father. I know he has been absolute crap and has treated her like shit, god did I hate hime for it, to finally see him cower be the victim, to now be in Mel's place when he used to beat her. All those nightmares where I would hold her in my arms, I could tell how much she was hurt, how much pain he had put her through. He was a monster, just like my father but some part in me thought killing him was a little over the top. There could have been another way to settle this before just pulling the trigger.

"Get out of my way, I know what I have to do. There cant ever be a next time, I need to end this now." She said cocking the gun and staring straight down the middle as she pointed it toward her father. I backed away leaving her space, if Mel thought this is what she had to do then so be it let her do it, but I knew if I let her do it she would either be happy or break away with the guilt, kinda like I almost did.

"Any last words you piece of shit?"She asked, I could even see her hands shaking as she struggled to hold the gun still.

"I never loved you...and I never will. You were nothing to me..." He whispered as he closed his eyes in fear.

I stood back and so did Eve, I think she was regretting giving Mel her gun at this point now that she meant business. I glanced over at Mel and could see her finger inching toward the trigger ready to pull it. Out of no where there was a...

Bang!

She had her eyes closed as she had pulled the trigger and by the time she had pulled it, blood instantly splattered everywhere even on me and Mel's hands and the gun too. I guess she was in too much of a shock to even realize the blood on her hands. I looked back and fourth at the two bodies and then her, she was frozen in place, it was finally hitting her that she had killed not only her father but Maggie too. That she just lodged a bullet right in one's skull and flew into the others skull also. It was one hell of a shoot but thats besides the point right now.

I couldn't help but see me in her, she looked exactly like me when I had realized what I had done to that cop, that I just stole someone's life away instead of doing something else. But all the rage and angry always over came everything, every thought, every action. But what is eating at me is why didn't I do something to stop her, why didn't I try to convince her not to do it, to put the gun down or hell even take the gun away from her. What was stopping me, why didn't I do something about it? If I knew what she could possibly go through why didn't I do something to save her from all the aftermath after all of it. Was I really saving her, helping her, picking her up when she was broken or was I just another witness, a coward, another useless person who was letting her fall? What if I wasn't able to catch her now that she was about to fall again? Was I even gonna catch her...?

Melanie's POV
I stood there trembling as the gun slipped from my hands and crashed to the concrete floor. I stood there gasping as I cover my mouth. I saw the two lifeless bodies on the ground all bloody with a shot right through the skull. Maggie must have dove in front of him at the last minute, thats the only way that explains how I shot them both.

Jimmy dropped his gun and he grabbed me in his arms embracing me as I just stood there frozen not registering the fact that I just killed two people in cold blood. I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders but it doesn't change the fact that I just murdered two people in cold blood.

I was frozen still completely in shock. "J-J-Jimmy..." I stuttered out as he tightened his grip around me as he stood there hugging me.

"I know, I know baby...just hold onto me. I'm here now...I'm sorry for everything and I love you...promise me you will never leave me like that again..." He whispered still holding me close to his body.