Chapter 21: Don't fuck with a Nara's Shadow

As promised a full chapter on Barbara. Although her life isn't as dramatic as Rin's its still pretty dobe. I mean,

SHE'S IN FUCKING NARUTO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

---------------------------------------------

"You ready brat?"

Sayaka Nara checked again to confirm nothing was missing before nodding absentmindedly. It after all, been a year since she left Konoha. She was three now.

Three...

'Lu's probably gotten the info by now...'

She hung her backpack on her right shoulder-its left strap had been torn off when they had been attacked by rogue hunters.

Her sensei made an annoyed grunt before sheathing his bandaged sword at his back. He polished his forehead protector and retied it back on his head.

"Let's go then, we need to reach our next training ground by night fall."

Judging from the wicked grin on his face, their next destination was probably a lot closer than he made it seem.

'He's probably laid some traps somewhere to slow us down.' The Nara thought tiredly.

It'd taken close to a month to realise he'd been the one following her following his clone, and another to actually pin him down.

Close to five months had been wasted on a seemingly endless chase which, as he claimed, put them behind schedule.

"If ya wanna master your chakra in three years we're gonna have to cram everything up."

And that they did, every day was training day. From morning to evening our heroine's bestfriend sweat and toiled, enduring what would have stretched to 14 years of her life.

But she remained positive, she had a goal in mind. If she reached that goal, she wouldn't have to train as much as now.

Sayaka hopped from branch to branch, following the steps of her teacher as well as paying deep attention to her surroundings.

'The first trap should go off by n--

Without finishing the thought, she flipped in mid air, effectively dodging the beam of kunai that head her way.

Her sensei was no where to be found

She wasn't even surprised enough to curse at her predicament, having found herself in countless situations such as this.

About 20 to 30 cloaked men surrounded her. The one in the middle, who's red cloak instigated him as the leader toyed with a kunai in hand.

"So this is the famous Poison Cherry. How cute."

Of course travelling with a rogue who dedicatedly sent trouble your way was going to end up like this.

"I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't refer to me with that name."

Guess who picked that nickname for her, just guess.

The men laughed. "Look at the kid bossing us around." one said, sneering at her.

"That kid is worth 47,000 yen." The boss corrected, eyeing her with greedy eyes, as if her whole skin was the money itself.

"Don't damage our cherry too much boys." He said as he gave the final signal.

'Foolish'

The world slowed down as the men charged at her from every direction. Barbara closed her eyes, her body tiredly still. She hadn't had much sleep the previous night.

They didn't know how much she'd struggled to reach this point, how much she'd pushed herself beyond her limits.

To think that they could take it all from her in just one minute, who did  they think they were?

'Stupid'

Just when they were about to hit their target a strong wind propelled them backwards.

A few hit their heads on a tree and were immediately knocked unconscious. The rest slowly got up, a bit shaken by the force.

Pink hair finally settled down on small shoulders as a pair of eyes opened, revealing bored, and almost annoyed brown pupils.

"You...just because you caught us by surprise doesn't mean you've won!" Their leader exclaimed agitated by her expression.

A small, almost smug but positively lazy smirk spread across her lips. 

"Oh, but I've already won."

huh?

It was then that the team of bandits realised they could not move. They  yelled and struggled but their own shadows held them captive.

"Shadow possession: Complete."

There was movement in the east and she turned to meet the proud grin of her mentor.

"That was faster than before. And smart, distracting them with the blast to perform your shadow spider jutsu. Its hold seems to have increased."

"Does that mean we're going to be early for once?" She drawled, ignoring his compliment. She was so tired...

He frowned in thought. "Hmm, I just remembered we're short of supplies. We'll make a quick detour to the Bamboo Village."

Everyone knew the Bamboo Village was swarming with rogue hunters at this time.

She smirked. "he, you're getting tardy old man."

"I'm 18 brat!"

"That's quite a fishy age you're telling me."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." She said calmly, then whispered, "Sharkman."

"I heard that!"

And so they continued their bickering, leaving the struggling group of bandits tied down by their shadows to a single kunai.

=========================================

I seriously didn't want to do this. I didn't want to and if you still haven't figured out who Barbara's sensei is THEN THAT'S YOUR OWN FAULT! You're gonna have to wait till later to find out who he is.

Time Skip to two years in the next chapter. WE'RE COMING HOME EVERYONE!

Vote, comment...if possible follow and wait for my next chapter inspiration....

BYE!