Chapter 9: Rivals of Prodigy

A/n

I never noticed until now that my book ranked 2nd in Hyuga! Thank you all.

Naturally my mentor's is in first place but I still strive to reach her level of writing, maybe even surpass it. I dedicate this chapter to her.

WARNING: Long chapter

***

We spent the rest of the day at the park, sharing experiences we had in Naruto. Barbara had claimed the prodigy genius tittle in her clan after defeating her father and nearly cornering the head.

She was well acquainted with Shikamaru and played with Sakura on her mother's insistence. (She was Sakura's father's sister)

I told her about frownface and how hard it was to crack him. Then I told her of his weakness and we both turned green. Yeah, we were pretty traumatized for life.

"Don't try so hard to impress him. Just focus on your goal. The rest will come along the way." She told me.

My goal, like any other clichéd reborn/stuck in character, was to save as many people in the anime as possible.

But that didn't mean I didn't have others. For example my bucket list still needed to be done. Not that I'm telling you anything about it, find out yourself.

Anyway, I followed her advice. I trained with Hiashi, played with Hinata, hang out with Barb and trained together in secret.

If I thought the hyuga was harsh, Barb's method was harsher. But it worked out well since it begun to reflect in my daily sparing.

"You're weak."

I tuned out the usual critics, focusing on aiming for the chakra point. Four months into training and you'll think I probably had it all figured out.

I wasn't one for quiet disabling. I liked to go out with a bang, if you get what I mean.

"Is that all?"

I could tell he was a bit surprised at my lack of reaction to his words. If only he knew I was just preparing for the reaction on his face.

Four minutes to the end I shot out, kicking my legs at his knee to bend him and stuck his shoulder. His left arm fell to his side, paralysed.

I breathed heavily, taking in the slightly widened eyes and parted lips. It was all one was going to get from the legendary frownface.

How I wished I had a camera to record the sight. It would have been worthwhile. Oh well, I'd just have to stick to memories.

I straightened up and bowed with my hands to my side. The bangs did a good job at hiding the smirk on my face.

Hiashi watched me in silence. Almost unnoticeably, the corners of his lips twitched up. A proud look filled his eyes and he put his hands at his side, bowing to the waist.

My eyes went wide like saucers, jaw anime dropping to the floor. I probably looked like an idiot staring back at his retreating form.

"Yes!"

I shot my hands up, running around the training room. The action went on for seven times before I laid on my back.

A goofy smile appeared on my face and I giggled. I had actually done it. I thawed a frozen frown!

It wasn't big, but I was getting there. Soon, I'd have him laughing...wait, that's too far fetched. I'd have him in a full blown smile!

I got up from the wooden floor and raced out of the room, only to nearly bump in the three stooges.