Graduation Update

Written: September 18th

There's this strange feeling you get when you finish Junior High(Grade 9) I don't know if you remember or are yet to experience it. When the principal tells you you're finally free, and you leave the school in the bus with drenched clothes.

(Our school has a ritual where we dunk the graduates)

Its with that feeling that I'm writing this to you, despite my classmates calling me to join in their celebration.

Its probably at this point that I realise I'll never get to see them again. My parents are pressurising me on what I want to become. Everyone expects me to choose Science as a major. Simply because that's what everyone else in my family did.

Its easy to write a book in my family. If you were to compare my works to that of my siblings who have never written an essay for the sake of it, you'd be amazed by the vast difference.

I've literally done that before.

Maybe its because of that that I don't want to follow their path. I mean, I look up to them alright, but to do what they did would only place me under a huge shadow. They are the geniuses of their time while I'm just...me.

A plain frozen apple loving girl who's only talent isn't even considered talent.

"Anyone can pick up a book and write Sab, even that beggar on the street." My second brother told me when we went for our annual walk anytime he came back from abroad.

Now don't go all hatey on him. I love him, and he's right. Anyone can write, and not everyone can make it in life.

Sitting at the backseat of my school bus in drenched clothes and typing furiously with a scowl on my face-something my friends tell me I do a lot.(Might as well be related to Hiashi hehe)

With the rest of the year at my disposal and the celebration that awaits me home, I realise now that I never wanted to graduate. I don't want to go to Senior High and I don't want to choose subjects that will possibly 'shape my future'.

I want to wake up back in middle school, and relive all those years again. I might be smiling and laughing with my mates, saying stuff like "we'll meet each other again in Lamborghinis."

But the reality is that I don't want to grow up. I'm scared of being an adult because I know I don't want to be contemplating theories all day long and stop telling my little sister fascinating stories.

Its quite ironic now that I think of it. My brothers and sister are the reason why I write in the first place.

I'm not going to ask you to vote or comment. Hell I'm not even sure any of you are gonna read this.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're ever torn between your wishes and that of others, I understand completely what you're going through.

I'm also selfish in a way. I'm basically dumping all my graduation worries on you because no one else would listen. They think they're doing whats best for me. My second brother might have just been realistic. He'll never know his words have been echoing in my mind.

OSCIN Updates on Tuesday

BYE.