Chapter 5: Ninja Wipe Out

I'll be updating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. There might be some exceptions but these are the days you can expect updates.

What are your favorite Naruto fanfics? Mine are Reincarnated: Bunny to a lion, Nebula's echo, Complicated, Wonderland, the things she's seen, Reincarnation, Saisei and more that I will add later on.

Tell me yours. I'd love to read them.

***

Two weeks later after my brilliant display, Hiashi reappeared.

My father must have thought it was good training because he decided then I was strong enough to go to the 'play room'.

Mind you do not forget this is frown face we're talking about. His definition of a play room was actually an obstacle training course shrunk down to fit the world of a four and a half month year old.

One of the nannies, Semi set me down at the start of the obstacle course. The room was an exact replica of the one Hinata and Hanabi used to practice in. Father sat on a cushion at the side, watching me intently.

I was clad in the typical hyuga training wear. It looked ridiculous on me though, seeing as my diapers stood out of it.

Me: Shouldn't you be ashamed you're wearing diapers?

Rin: I'm a proud baby author ~chan

So, the obstacles included,

Rolling balls. Soft balls.

A wall the height of an adult's waist.

Elevated wooden planks

Tennis ball shooter.

Another wall bigger than the last

And a soft, fluffy looking pillow which no doubt was the finishing line. All of them were baby proof. Setting my eye on that, one thing came into my mind.

Definitely wipe out.

I crawled my way across the starting line, then calculated the time difference of the balls.

Five seconds.

The first ball rolled in front of me just as another hyuga pushed the second. I quickly crawled in between, passing the first obstacle.

The wall was pretty easy to climb, it had holes where I could easily place my hands and feet. The only problem was the strain of muscle. My body wasn't fit for this. It was supposed to be sleeping soundly on fluffy sheets and pillows like Hinata.

Fluffy pillow. That was the finishing line right? Okay. If I focused on that I'll be able to make it.

After two more lifts I reached the top. Now to get down...this is probably where I start crying now.

I sat on the edge, feet dangling. It wasn't that high. I could make it. Slowly, I slipped off the wall and brought my hands and knees forward. I landed with a loud tap. Someone winced at the sidelines.

My knees were hurting pretty bad, so bad I almost wanted to give in and cry. I turned my head towards the head of the clan. The scowl sat mockingly on his face.

Just wait till I show you.

I dragged my self under the planks, lying on my stomach. At least I didn't have to put much weight on my knees.

I lowered my head, only raising it when my body was completely out. Next was the tennis ball machine. Or something akin to that. I don't know if they even knew what tennis was.

Like the rolling balls, the time difference was also five seconds. I watched intently at the direction it faced. A hyuga stood behind it, making sure to readjust it towards me.

This meant I had five seconds to move out of the target range.

I side crawled (since I can't side step), letting the ball fly past me. The hyuga turned it in my direction and waited five seconds before shooting. By then, I was already on the other side.

He turned it back on me but this time I laid on my stomach, letting the ball pass over.

I got up and moved to the side quickly, the ball nearly grazing me. This continued until I passed the machine and its operator. If I wasn't so focused on the course and looked up, I wouldn't have missed the awed smile he gave me.

I moved to the wooden wall. This one was twice the size of the other which meant it probably reached an adult's shoulder. I had to crane my head, almost sitting before I saw the top.

Slowly, I begun climbing like the first. One hand in the hole, a foot, another hand. It didn't take long for my muscles to start screaming.

Think of the pillow. The soft soft pillow.

I slipped, one hand holding me in place. A gasp sounded at the sidelines. I could practically feel everyone's anxiousness. They were all waiting for me to fall. To catch me. They thought I was going to fail. My sight caught the figure of the clan head.

My gaze hardened and I swung myself, placing my other hand and feet back in the holes. The others sighed in relief.

I pushed aside the pain, making my way to the top. This was a feat no baby had ever accomplished. But then again, I was not a baby. I was a seventeen year old girl who always loved a challenge.

I struggled to pull myself over the wall, falling ungraciously on the pillow.

A sigh escaped my lips as I snuggled into the softness. My body was screaming and all I wanted to do was sleep.

Semi, one of my nannies carefully picked me up, resting my head on her shoulder with her hand on my back and the other beneath me so I was sitting on her arm.

She patted me gently as if I were crying. I would have welcomed it but that wasn't what I wanted then. I twisted my body so that I was facing sideways to her, then turned my head in the direction of the Hyuga head.

He watched me intently, an impassive impression on his face, before leaving. No one said anything as he shut the door, his footsteps echoing away.

I would be lying if I said that every silent step he took, wasn't like a dagger to my heart.

****

Poor Rin. Why is she seeking to impress the unimpressible? Does it have something to do with her past life? We shall find out later.

See you on Thursday! And don't forget to write your favorite fan fic.
Bye!