Part 14

The week had been going by so slow a lot of people went home Christmas Day to be with their families after the ball. Draco left a note with my owl telling me he had went home and tried to find me before I left but I was still sleeping. Harry and I stayed here we were eating dinner right now everyone was suppose to be home tomorrow. I wanted to tell Harry about my night after the ball but I couldn't and it hurt to keep so much from him. "What are you thinking so hard about?" I snapped out my thoughts really quick. "Nothing." I was done eating just waiting on Harry there wasn't a lot of people here so we had been hanging out every day. I honestly missed it so much this is the most we've hung out all year. Harry and I always go each other sometimes for Christmas, this year I got him some new shoes he really needed them he was so happy. He had gotten me a charm bracelet, and put a charm on it that was our moms. "Are you finally done?" I laughed. He was chugging his drink. "Yes, finally" he cleaned off his face than we started walking to the dorms. I wanted to tell him about me being a healer it was literally killing me. I never kept secrets from him. "Harry, I have to ask you something." We walked up to our commons room there was no one in there so we sat by the fire. "Okay go for it," I didn't know how to ask it without sounding suspicious. "Do you think of me as one of your best friends? Could I ever do something to mess that bond up?" He looked at me funny. "Kaylee, you're most than a best friend. You're the only family I have, I couldn't imagine my life without you. We may fight sometimes but I will always find a way to forgive you." I smiled it felt good hearing him say that. "Did you do something that would make me mad?" He was looking at me seriously. "No, of course not I just feel like we have been drifting apart this year." I didn't want to make it seem like I was hiding something so I made up something really fast. It wasn't all completely a lie though I really did feel that way. He looked down, "Yeah I have kind of felt that way too..." He looked up at me, "But honestly you had seemed pretty distance. Hermione told me she thought you were probably having boy problems and probably didn't wanna talk to me about it so I kept my distance I knew you'd come to me if you wanted too." I laughed, "I promise you I have not been having boy trouble." Which is true not until the night of the ball anyways. "Okay good, I honestly was afraid of someone breaking your heart." He laughed and than added "McLaggen still is on my bad side." I was laughing now "I am honestly glad he stood me up he seems like he is too full of himself." We both started making fun of how McLaggen was dancing at the ball and started talking about other stuff. We talked for about 2 hours, we hadn't talked like that in so long it was nice. "I think I'm gonna go to bed everyone should be here tomorrow" I nodded "I am pretty tired myself." Harry told me goodnight and went on too bed. I walked up too my bed and laid down I couldn't sleep though. I started thinking about Draco and that night. I honestly didn't even know I liked him until that night. I knew I had started to get a soft spot for him but when he did that for me that night I was lost for words. No one has ever done anything like that for me, and when we kissed it felt like fire and sparks were going all over my body. I realized I really liked him that night I just wouldn't let myself believe it because it was Draco Malfoy. I wanted to tell someone about all this but I couldn't I knew no one especially Harry would like the idea of me being friends with Draco let alone liking him. I finally fell asleep, I couldn't wait to wake up tomorrow.

          I woke up hearing everyone come in with their trunks. "Kaylee!" Hermione shouted giving me a huge hug. "I hope you had a good week." I told her returning her hug. "Of course, and you?" I nodded "Harry and I actually talked a lot this week and spent a lot of time together we haven't done that in a while." I smiled. "Well I'm glad" she started unpacking. "I am gonna go get cleaned up and dressed, I'll meet you in the great hall for breakfast?" She nodded. "Okay." I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Classes didn't start until tomorrow luckily. I put on an over-sized sweatshirt and some tights and these boots I had because it was still cold. I put my hair in a messy bun and I put a little bit of make up on. I started to head for the great hall and when I walked in Draco wasn't there yet because I looked straight over when I walked in. I did see Ron, Harry, Fred, and George though I went and sat down. Fred had a box and handed it too me. His mom always made Harry and I a scarf each year. I loved them, she was too kind. I hoped it and smiled so big. "Your mom is so kind let her know I love it." He laughed "I made that thank you very much." Fred said "Yeah right," Ron added and I started laughing. They continued with the conversation they were having before I walked up. I looked over at the Slyithren table and there he was he smiled at me and started too eat his food. I swear I got so many butterflies. He was all dressed up in a suit, and I looked like a bum. I didn't even think about dressing up all cute now I was regretting it. Everyone was getting up "Come on Kaylee were going outside" I looked at them like they were crazy. "You realize its snowing," I shook my head. "That's why you got that scarf silly" Fred laughed. They weren't going to give me a choice. Hermione walked in and they grabbed her a muffin and told her to come on too. Fred and George were basically pushing us out of the great hall. We finally made it outside and Hermione and I were standing their with out arms crossed. "What do you guys want?" We said at the same time. They started laughing and than what felt like a million snow balls came flying at us. We started running. "Oh my gosh you guys are crazy." It was so cold they all kept laughing. Hermione and I started throwing some back and when they ran off we snuck back in the castle. "They forced us outside all for that." She shook her head. "I can't believe them." We busted out laughing. "I'm gonna go get something too eat I'll catch up with you later." I nodded. She went on her way. I wanted too see Draco but also didn't want too seem too desperate so I just decided I'd wait for him to come find me. I told myself this and started to walk towards the library I knew I needed to get some books before class tomorrow. There wasn't anyone in here of course since it was the first day back.
          "Long time no see." I heard a familiar voice come up behind me I knew who it was and my stomach was doing cartwheels. "Hey," I smiled. "Did you have a good Christmas?" I added. He nodded, "And you?" I smiled "Yes Harry and I always spend it here and get each other something nothing special. Did you see a lot of family?" He shook his head no. "Just my parents." He started too pull something out of his pocket. "I got this for you." I didn't expect him to get me anything I felt bad because I hadn't got him anything. "Oh my goodness you didn't have too get me anything." He handed me the box. "It's not big deal it reminded me of you," He seemed nervous I opened it, and it was my favorite perfume I had no idea how he knew this is what I wore. "Oh my how'd you know this was my favorite?" He laughed like he was nervous "Well I didn't I just smelled them all until I found the one you always smelled like." Oh my gosh that was so sweet he literally paid that much attention and I couldn't even tell you what he smelled like. "Thank you." He smiled. "Like I said it was nothing, but your welcome." Before I could say anything I heard Crabbe and Goyle walked in saying his name he stepped out from books shelf's we were in to see what they wanted. "Are you coming to Hogsmeade with us?" Goyle said "Probably not if I change my mind I'll come find you guys" He seemed like he was just trying to get them to go "Don't tell me your ditching us for Potter's sister." Crabbe said and I froze, uh excuse me? How did they know about me. "What did I tell you guys." Draco spat. "You weren't supposed to talk about its a secret you idiots." They didn't say anything else. "She could always come you know," Goyle said which was surprising I thought him and I had a mutual hatred for one another. "How in the bloody hell is she suppose to do that without being seen by her brother or friends?" Draco added. "She could always wear a hood and hat, just not look at anyone it's not like they'd approach us anyways." I just wanted to know why Draco told them anything about me. I was still standing there just listening. Than they walked over their too where I was all 3 of them. They were looking at me as if I was supposed to decide if we go or not. I felt awkward so I stayed quite. "She could always where one of your coats and hats so they wouldn't notice her wearing her own" Crabbe said. "It's up to her if she wants to chance it or not." Draco was looking at me. "Um can we talk first?" I asked I wanted to ask them how they even knew about us or why he told them. He told them to go in the hallway. When they walked out he walked back over too me. "Look, we can trust them I know your wondering how they know." I looked at him like he was crazy. "Well yeah, they could easily tell anyone why'd you tell them in the first place?" I crossed my arms. "Look, I didn't want them being mean too you anymore. I told them everything on the train ride home. At first they weren't sure how to feel but they're my best friends so they said they wouldn't Judge and they wouldn't tell anyone. I trust them." He sounded pretty confident that they wouldn't say anything so I nodded. "Okay as long as your trust they won't tell anyone." I wasn't sure what all this meant did he tell them we were just friends or how he felt? He hadn't even told me how he felt we hadn't even talked about the kiss either. "So do you wanna go? I understand if you don't want to hang out with them.." I didn't know if I was gonna regret this or not. "No it's okay I'll go." He looked super happy that I agreed too go. "I'll uh bring you a jacket in stuff do you wanna meet in the room of retirement?" I nodded. "Okay I'll meet you there in 10 minutes." He went on his way to his dorm and I walked too the room of retirement. I hoped this didn't end up being a bad idea.