Part 40

Today was Slughorn's dessert dinner party, it had been a few weeks since I had met Draco in the room of requirement. We had went back to our library hang outs. I'm not sure how ever never caught however we did work on homework so if Harry or someone did see us I could just say it's a project. "Are you even doing your homework?" Draco looked at my blank homework. "Not really just thinking about tonight." I said. "You act like your having a test or something you're just eating dessert." He laughed. "Yeah but I hate socializing unless I have too," I laughed. "You can tell me all about it, if you want to hang out later?" I knew he was going to ask for the third time today. "You don't like pretending to just be friends?" I asked. He crossed his arms. "Hell no," he said. "I think you're not pretending anymore." He raised an eyebrow. "I will hang out with you tonight, but you have to talk." He looked at me confused. "I always talk to you?" I sighed. "You have to let me in, on why you're still looking so exhausted all the time, you open up to me about everything but lately you haven't told me anything." I had been wanting to get that off my chest. He was quite, and didn't say anything for a moment. "If I told you, you wouldn't understand, I think somethings are better left unsaid." He said in his sharp cold tone. "Not even I can know?" I asked. I shook my head. "Your families issues shouldn't have to effect you this badly, your only 16 Draco." He stayed quite looking at his homework. "I think we both have enough stress going on." He finally said. I just didn't say anything else on it. He won't talk to me about it. I still don't see why Harry thinks he's a death eater I just don't see it. He's nothing like his father or other death eaters I've seen. He actually has a heart, they simply do not. Draco may not always be the nicest but I could never see him killing someone and that's what death eaters do. I started gathering my stuff. I had to get myself ready for the dessert dinner. "Where are you going? You aren't mad are you?" He asked. "No, but I do need to get ready for the dessert dinner do my make up and stuff," I said. "You have someone to impress?" He asked jokingly. "Maybe, I never know who got invited." I said back jokingly. He laughed. "I'll see you later than?" He asked. I nodded, I walked around the table and leaned down and kissed his cheek. "I'll see you," he smiled at me before we parted ways. He stayed to finish up his homework. I'm assuming since it's a Friday that's why the library was pretty much empty. That's also why I didn't hesitate to give him a kiss on the cheek either.

I wasn't really sure what to wear to the dinner. Harry had already shown me his outfit and it was fresher than I had intended. I started looking through my trunk, I did have something that may be appropriate. It wasn't too dressy just s simple dress. Ginny had told me she was wearing a dress as well so I knew I wouldn't be the only one. it was red sweater dress with long sleeve, it was also a turtle neck which I wasn't a huge fan of but I still tried it on. It actually fit very well, it did fit a bit snug to my curves so you could actually tell I had a butt, however it didn't look inappropriate. It was also soft and warm so I just decided to wear it, I put some flats on to go with it than decided to start on my make up, I didn't do too much just a natural look, and curled my hair. I looked in the mirror and I felt like I was over dressed. Than Hermione walked in she was wearing a dress which made me feel better. "You look beautiful!" I said to her and she smiled. "So do you, that dress really flatters your body type." She said. "It doesn't look inappropriate right?" I asked. She nodded. "No, I wish I had one to wear with you," she said. "I'll meet you there?" She said I nodded and she walked out, I finished cleaning off my bed from all my make up and stuff. I took one last look in the mirror before leaving the dorms. I made my way down some stairs, and finally down too the hallways. I was walking down the hallway that goes near professor Snape's office. Right before I passed his door it opened up. I just assumed it was Snape, until I realized it wasn't. "Oh wow," Draco said looking me up and down. "Now I wish I was going to the dinner," he said. I turned red, compliments from him always gave me butterflies. "I feel overdressed." I asked. "You're definitely not, you look beautiful." I started blushing again. "I'm really lucky," he added. I smiled at his comment. "I guess you are huh?" I said jokingly. He rolled his eyes playfully. " I better get going it starts in 10 minutes," he nodded. "Don't let anyone flirt with you," he said. "No promises," we were both joking around. "Don't forget to come see me either," he said. "I won't," I said blowing him a kiss before walking away. I sat down next to Harry at the round table Slughorn had set up for us. "Always a treat to see the Potter twins," he said. He looked at us for a moment. "You Harry look so much like your father and you Kaylee besides the blonde hair, you resemble your mother so much. However, you both have your mothers eyes." This wasn't the first time Harry and I had heard this same comment before. "Thank you for having us," Harry said. Slughorn had our desserts placed in-front of us, however Ginny had not shown up yet. "I'm sure Ginny lost track of time and will join us shortly," Slughorn said. "We can start without for now," he added. He had served us profiteroles, they were very good but very sweet. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish it. Slughorn started to ask people questions. Starting with McLaggen first, I didn't even care to listen to his response he was so stuck up. Just as he went to speak, Ginny walked in. I heard Hermione whisper something to Harry. When she made it too her seat before she sat down Harry stood up, I could tell he was nervous and maybe his nerves and trying to be a gentleman got the best of him. "My apologies for being late professor Slughorn," Ginny said. "It's no worries, I just hope Belby left some for you," he said jokingly he was eating his dessert quite fast. After Ginny sat down he continued with his questions he asked Hermione what her parents did in the muggle world and she said they were dentist. Which Harry and I knew what that was clearly but a few others didn't. Everyone looked at her crazy when she said her parents had to have stitches from getting bit one time. "Miss Potter, we always here about you brother but never much about you, what do you enjoy doing?" He asked. Honestly who was I outside of being "Harry Potters twin," I was actually pretty boring and never thought about it. "Well, I like to read a lot in my free time but we haven't had much of that this year," I laughed. "Her nose is always in a book during the summer," Harry added. This really had me thinking who was I outside of being his twin? And besides my huge secret, being Draco Malfoy's girlfriend. The rest of the dinner went smoothly it was kind of awkward but Slughorn was very kind to have this for us.

After the dinner was over I was pretty full and tired. I hadn't been used to staying up late almost every night to see Draco like the last 2 years. Wow, we really had been together almost 2 years now. I made my way to the room of requirement, the same room came up, filled with so much stuff. I went in and closed the door behind me. "Draco?" I said. He came walking from the back I assume he had been sitting on the couches back there. "Hello beautiful," he said smiling. I gave him a smile back. He came up and gave me a hug. "How was your dinner?" He said. "It was good, the conversation was kinda boring but the dessert was great," I laughed. "Of course you'd say that," he laughed. "Before you know 4th year did you just always think of me as Harry's twin?" I asked. He was a bit thrown off by this question. "What do you mean?" I sighed. "I mean like when you'd think of me and Harry, you'd always just think of how "Harry" was the boy who lived with a twin right?" he was quite for a moment. "I mean... before coming to Hogwarts that's what I heard most about how Harry Potter would be there I didn't even really know your name." This kinda hurt my feelings now him, but the fact that I really was just known as his twin, people didn't even care to share my name. "Why do you ask?" He asked, I shrugged. "I just wondered if people ever really noticed me or always just Harry you know and now that I think about it anytime we meet anyone knew they're just "Harry Potter," never like "the Potter twins," or something." I kinda sounded desperate like I wanted attention or something but it wasn't that. "It's like just because I didn't get hurt that night or a scar I'm not as great as Harry is or something." I sounded ridiculous too myself I knew something with my powers had to be the reason I was protected but truly I'll never know. "You know ever since I've gotten to know you, you're so much more than "Potter's twin," you're so much more than that. In my opinion you're the amazing twin, you have these powers no one else has, and you care so much for brother, I don't care what others think of you, to me you'll always be the twin that I find the most amazing." This made me smile, that was sweet I've never really been told anything like that, my whole life I've really always been put second too Harry. "I know I sound stupid like I want attention or something but that's not it, I'm not just Harry's twin I'm my own person and I wish people noticed more." He kissed my cheek. "Potter, doesn't even cross my mind when I see you, I see you and everything you have to offer, you're so smart, beautiful, caring, and brave. I see you and only you." I feel like he's the only person who sees me that way, like "my friends," I feel like they're truly only friends with me because I am Harry's twin. "You know, I'm truly lucky I get to see the real you," I said. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Draco Malfoy is usually seen as this bully who's full of himself however, I see you so much differently now. You truly do have a huge heart, you're smart, and you do care a lot for the people you love." I didn't want to add the part where he's only a bully or full of himself because he sometimes tries to be his father but he's not him, he could never be like him. He didn't say anything he walked over too me and gave me a kiss. I basically melted at his touch. "I guess you bring the good out in me, sometimes," he said after our kiss. "I always do," I laughed. We walked back and sat on the couch in the room of requirement. "I'm exhausted," I said. "I think I ate way too much," I added. He laughed. "If you want to go to bed I won't be upset," he said. "I want to spend time with you," I said. "Well, if you fall asleep here, I'll stay here with you." He added. "Okay good," I said it wasn't much longer after that I did fall asleep. I felt Draco get up after a bit but he covered me up and I was back to sleep fast. I thought I was dreaming, I heard sobbing in my sleep. I quickly woke up and realized it wasn't in my sleep, it was Draco I could hear his sobbing from somewhere. I quickly got up from the couch. I walked over towards him. He was sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest. He didn't even notice me, he was still sobbing. This broke me, whatever is going on with him is effecting him worse than I had imagine. I sat beside him and pulled him towards me. I didn't say anything I just held him. I wish he'd give me answers, I wish he'd let me in on what is bothering him so badly. "I didn't mean to wake you," he finally said. "Don't be sorry, if you're upset I want to know." I said. "What's wrong?" I added. He was quite. "It's complicated, just family things." I sighed. "I'm not gonna beg you to tell me but you know you can trust me I wish you'd let me in." I knew in the back of my mind this had something to do his dad, and death eaters I just knew it. "I know I can trust you but, if I tell you, it makes you involved in a way and I don't want that." He said. "Just promise me, no matter what you won't leave me." He said. He was still crying a little. "I promise." I said. I just wanted to know why he thought I'd leave him?