Part 7

I woke up Saturday morning pretty late I had missed breakfast. I got ready quickly, I was going to be cool today since it was almost October. I put on a black sweater and some cute jeans with some boots. I also did my hair and make up for the first time in weeks. I put on my scarf to wear Harry's colors since today was the first competition. I felt a nervous feeling in my stomach and I knew that had to be Harry feeling that even tho I was a bit nervous too. I knew I needed to see him soon to give him the ring. I hurried down the stairs to go and find him. I figured he would be out by the lake thats where he normally goes when he is feel anxious. As I was walking out of the castle I ran into Malfoy, lovely at least he wasn't with his awful friends. "Going somewhere Potter?" I shook my head "Why do you care what I do?" He laughed "I don't I just noticed you decided to do your hair and make up for the first time in weeks I thought you had forgotten how to look decent." He laughed but there he was the Malfoy I knew "I see you've finally remembered how to insult me again." I crossed my arms and turned to him but the more I thought about it, it was kinda weird he noticed I hadn't been doing my hair or make up. He laughed "You make it too easy to insult you Potter." I rolled my eyes and started to walk away "Potter," I debated on turning around or not "We should meet tomorrow to study its almost October and we have to have 60 hours of time." I nodded "Okay we can meet after lunch tomorrow than?" I asked and he shook his head yes and we both walked off.

I found Harry right where I thought he would be out by the lake skipping rocks. "Hey" I shouted at him "I knew I'd find you here" I smiled, He also gave me a warm smile back but I could still feel how nervous he was. "Twin power I guess huh?" He laughed and than went straight to a serious face again. "How are you feeling?" He took a deep breath. "I am honestly scared than I should be." I could tell he needed to vent "What else is bothering you?" He looked at me as if he was almost going to cry, "Ron won't even look at me he is not even supporting me through this first competition he's suppose to be my best friend." I seen a tear stream down his face and I could feel his heart strings pull as he was telling me this. "Harry he will come around I promise you, best friends have their ups and downs but he would have never told me about the dragons if he didn't care about you." His face softened up a little bit. "I suppose you're right." I sat down and patted on the ground for him to sit next too me. He came and sat down. "I have something for you." He looked at me confused "What do you have for me?" I pulled the ring out of my pocket and showed him "A good luck charm for today just promise me you won't take it off okay?" He smiled and slipped the ring on his finger. "I promise I will leave it on." he sighed "I don't have much time until the competition starts." I pointed at the water, "Well lets just enjoy the view while we can." We sat there quite for a while but I knew thats what he needed his nerves calmed down until it was time to go.

             I told Harry goodbye at the tent they wouldn't let me or Hermione stay in there with him. I was so nervous I could feel myself getting sweaty, this wasn't suppose to happen, he is too young to be doing this. I wish I could make them stop but I know they won't listen too me. Hermione gives me a hug "He's going to be okay Kaylee just breath," I guess she had noticed I had literally been holding my breath since we started walking up to our seats. The stands were crowded there were students shoved everywhere and surprisingly Malfoy was up there close to all of us. I knew he wasn't there cheering on Harry of corse. He seen me when I walked up I could feel his eyes on me I didn't look his way. As I walked up with Hermione she stood beside Ron there wasn't a lot of room but I felt someone grab my arm and pull me next to them. It was Fred I could feel myself turning red but I tried to hide it "You look lovely" he said winking at me. I know I said I would never do anything with Fred or George but Fred makes it so hard to not make a girl crush on him. "Thanks you don't look bad yourself" I smiled. I looked over to see Malfoy still looking at me and when I met his gaze he looked away. Why is he being so weird.

              Everyone else had gone and collected their egg but Harry when they called for him to go I felt a knot in my stomach. I knew this was him I was feeling. I took a deep breath and watched him walk out straight towards the egg. I wish it could have been that easy. I felt it the first time the Dragon knocked him around not as bad as it was hurting Harry of course but I could still feel each time he got hit or fell. Just as I thought the dragon was going to get him a broom flies from the sky. He is clever I will give him that I cheered so load for him and so was everyone else. Well almost everyone. When he flew away the dragon was hitting some of the stands on his way out. He almost hit ours. It got quite for a while than we saw Harry flying back with the Dragon right behind him. I could feel how nervous he was and I was too. When they both dropped I felt my whole stomach drop the whole stadium got quite. I was holding back my tears I could see everyone else get nervous too. I couldn't feel anything which made me feel worse too. Fred put his arm around me to comfort me, I honestly wish I could have stayed in that moment forever. Than Harry flew back over the edge and everyone began to cheer again and so did I. He got the egg and everyone began to cheer louder. He was done he made it through the first competition I felt so much relief.

            Everyone carried Harry back to the commons room and was cheering for him to open they egg. It was so crowded, I tried to get up to Harry so many times but couldn't. He seen me and smiled at me I smiled back and walked out I just wanted him to know I was there. I exited the commons room it was still early I figured I could go study by myself for Charms so I don't make myself look like a complete fool tomorrow. I planned to be the only one in the library since everyone would probably be busy hanging out with all the ones who got an egg today. Of course I was wrong the last person I wanted to see was in the library Malfoy. Why does he keep popping up everywhere when I am simply trying to get away from him. He hadn't seen me yet since he was turned around so I walked between some bookshelf's at a little desk so he wouldn't see me. I started reading my charms book I figured I should start from where we began day one and read as much as I could. I read for about 30 minutes Malfoy still hadn't gotten up I was very thankful. About 5 minutes later his friends walk in towards him and of course they spot me. "Did you see how scared your brother was today Potter?" Goyle said while him and Crabbe both laughed. I just rolled my eyes at them and looked away. "I'm surprised he even made it out maybe he won't be so lucky next time" Crabbe said making them both laugh again. I turned my head and acted like I couldn't hear them. "Ain't that right Malfoy?" Crabbe said I had almost forgot he was in there too and with just us 4 in the library I knew this was going to get brutal fast. "Leave people alone while they're trying study you two" he spat which surprised me. "What do you two even want?" They had both walked over to him now I could barley hear what they were saying. "I'll meet y'all at the dorms in a bit" Crabbe and Goyle walked off and luckily they didn't say anything to me. Now I am just hoping Malfoy doesn't have anything to say to me either. I continued reading and I heard him get up I tried to act like I didn't notice when he came to put whatever he was reading back on the shelf. I felt his gaze on me I just tried to ignore it. "Studying Potter?" I didn't look up at him "Unfortunately." He sat down in front of me I still tried not to meet his gaze. "I didn't figure you'd be free tonight I thought you'd be celebrating your brothers golden egg with the rest of the Gryffindor house." I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not. "No I wasn't really in the mood too not that you can I'm just glad he's safe doesn't really feel like a celebration when you have to worry about the only family you have left dying in front of the whole school or not." I didn't mean to say everything I did I was honestly surprised when all that came out I was scared too look up and meet his eyes. He stayed quite for a moment. "Do you want to go on a walk?" I was shocked by this question that I had to look up. "Excuse me what?" His eyes were serious but not cold they were soft and he seemed like he was trying to be genuine. "Sorry forget I asked I was only trying to be friendly to someone who seems like they need one" he started to walk off. I felt a lump in my throat he was actually trying to be a friend to me. I honestly didn't have anyone who I was close too maybe trying to be his friend since we were stuck studying together for the rest of the year wouldn't be a bad idea. "Okay I'll go" he turned around shocked that I had actually accepted his offer I was too. I put my books away in my bag "Where are we going?" I asked he was in deep thought for a moment. "We should go put away our bags and than I'll meet behind the castle" I nodded and we walked out of the library.