Part 8: Draco's POV

The whole walk back to the dormitory all I could think was where I had even planned on going. I honestly had expected her to say no and just let me walk off. She wasn't like her brother at all, she was so different I didn't feel bad when I would  mouth off to Harry but I always felt guilty when I'd do it too Kaylee. She doesn't react like Harry either she can ignore me or even spat something back at me instead of getting all hurt over it. After seeing her the last month and how all of her "Friends" and own brother treated her I felt sympathy for her. I wish she'd stop doing so much for her brother and focus on herself. He doesn't deserve it. Maybe it's because he is all she has I don't know what that feels like because I have always had my parents I couldn't imagine loosing them. I pushed my thoughts to the side as I entered the dormitory. "Your finally back" Crabbe said him and Goyle had been waiting for me and I had completely forgot. "I have to go meet with Snape I'm not sure what time I'll be back" I walked up the stairs before they could say anything. I hurried down the stairs and out of the dormitory. I found my way to the back of the castle where I had told Kaylee too meet me. I waited what had felt like forever and she finally showed up.

              "I honestly thought you were gonna ditch me" I laughed she looked at me "I feel like you're gonna make me feel like I should have." I couldn't tell if she was joking or genuinely felt that way. I didn't say anything because I honestly hated that she had probably really felt that way."so where are we going?" She asked stopping and looking at me I looked down and met her gaze I figured we could go to Hogsmeade. "Okay lets go." We began walking. It was kind of awkward at first I wanted to ask her so much but didn't know where to start I kind of just wanted to get to know her. "So, why do you only ever eat muffins at breakfast?" I asked not realizing how weird that sounded that I had noticed that over the last month. She was laughing "I don't know I am a picky eater I guess I really like muffins." It was nice hearing her laugh I hadn't seen her truly do that since school started. "What about you? What do you normally eat for breakfast?" She looked at me "uhh, well I guess I'll eat just about anything I am not that picky of an eater" I laughed nervously. She than asked me another question, and this continued until we got to Hogsmeade. We had asked each other a lot of questions like what are favorite colors were and what classes we disliked the most. I hadn't had a conversation like this in a long time I could tell she hadn't either.

              We made it to Hogsmeade and I asked if she wanted to go look around in the shops. There wasn't anyone from the school here just a few people in and out from the neighborhood. We went into the candy shop first. "What candy do you like?" She was looking around as if she was looking for one specific thing she picked up a thing of chocoballs. "This is my favorite and sometimes chocolate frogs" She laughed "Like I said I am picky there isn't much more I like" I laughed too "I'll eat just about any of the candy in here" she kept looking around and I grabbed the candy she liked and bought it while she wasn't looking. "Here you go." I handed her the bag and she was hesitated to take it. "Malfoy you didn't have to buy me anything." I shrugged, "I am just being friendly I believe its better than when I am being mouthy," She looked at me seriously "I don't know I may like it better when you're insulting me than this nice version of Malfoy." I could tell now she was being sarcastic. "Thank you" she said as she took the bag I nodded. We went to the next shop which was a jewelry shop everything else looked like it was going to close up early. This specific shop my dad came to, to get his jewelry. It was all handmade by the man who owned it. Kaylee's eyes glistening as she looked at everything "Wow, I've never came in here before" this was surprising too me I had been in here a lot. She kept looking at this one necklace which was a sparkling silver with diamonds surrounding a big ruby. "You like this one?" I asked she looked at me "Yeah but not for that price" she started to walk towards the door. "Should we head back it's going to get dark soon." I nodded following behind her out the door.

         We started towards the school. "Can I ask you something?" She stopped me and was looking up at me. "Yeah?" I met her gaze "Why are you being nice to me all the sudden you never have been..." I honestly didn't know what to say. "You seem like you can use a friend right now not someone to put you down and make you feel worse." We started walking again "You seem like you could use a friend too." She smiled "Now can I ask you something?" She nodded "What has kept you troubled the last month besides your brother." She got quite I felt bad for asking I was about to say never mind "Maybe if we continue to be friends I'll tell you" she said jokingly. "Okay deal, so friends than?" I held at my hand for her to shake she raised an eyebrow at me we had stopped walking for a second. "You really want to be friends with me? You realize my friends would kill me if I told them I was friends with Draco Malfoy." I could tell she was being serious "Same here." I didn't mean that I honestly didn't care what my friends thought it was nice talking to her I didn't just want to go back to how things used too be I honestly don't think I could be mean to her anymore. "So we will be friends in private than." I thought about how messed up that was but I understand she probably just didn't want the drama. "Okay I can do that" We were almost back to the castle and we just kept having small talk until we reached the castle.

              She said we shouldn't go in at the same time so I agreed to wait outside for a few minutes while she went in first. "See you tomorrow for studying?" She asked before going. "Yes I'll find you after lunch" she nodded. "I had fun today.. thank you." She smiled and walked off. I had read her all wrong this whole time she was so different than I had thought. She was also very mysterious. I hopped we actually continued to be friends and I didn't end up messing it up somehow. I waited for a few minutes and went into the castle. There was only a 15 minutes until we would get in trouble for being out of our dormitories. I hurried and once I got inside the only person up was Pansy. "Hey Draco" she said "What is Parkinson?" she rolled her eyes "Why must you always call me by my last name have we not got on a first name basis?" I laughed "No" I walked up to my dorm not even listening to whatever she said next. I was so tired I fell asleep as soon as I laid down.