Part 44

I felt sick, every time I thought about the Draco and Pansy thing. I hated seeing them in potions or any other time. I had been giving him the cold shoulder he's tried multiple times to reach out to me or get me to talk to him after everything that happened but I couldn't. I don't know what he expects me to do, he broke my heart than I find this out. He stopped trying to reach out everyday but the last owl I got from him a few weeks ago read "I'll never give up on you." I still loved him as much as I felt like I shouldn't. I had been hanging out with Michael a lot more, it hadn't gone any farther than just good friends and that's what I wanted. We had agreed to go to the Christmas party together also. Which was tonight, and I had to find the energy to get ready. A huge part of me wishes I was going with Draco as my date but even if we were together we couldn't really go. I hated how even when I tried not to think about him he was always on my mind. A part of me was sad he had stopped reaching out but maybe he thought it was pushing me away more. It was hard for me to ignore him, it took all of my energy. However I felt like I had no choice. I shook thoughts of him the best I could out of my head. I needed to get ready for the party, and focus on having a good time with my friends. I had picked a simple blue dress. It had thick straps and at the bottom of my waist poofed out. Hermiome said it really made my eyes pop we picked out our dresses together. I looked at it laid out on the bed, as excited as I was for the party, a part of me wanted to skip it and stay in bed. I sighed at least spending time with my friends takes my mind off Draco. I finished getting ready and took a long look in the mirror. Thank goodness for make up because that's the only thing making me not look depressed right now. I took a deep breath and headed to the party.

I met Harry at the door who was waiting on his date as well. "You look handsome" I said giving him a smile. "You look beautiful yourself," he added. "Where is your date?" He asked. "I told him to meet me here," I Said. I stood beside him and watched Luna come around the corner. "You look lovely," I said she smiled. "So do you," Her and Harry went into the party together. I waited for a few minutes and finally Michael showed up. He stopped as soon as he seen me. "Wow, you look... really beautiful." He was grinning really big. I could feel my get cheeks  reddish. "You don't clean up to bad yourself," I added. He raised his arm for me to reach out and take. "Thank you," he said. "Now I believe we are a little late for the party," we laughed. "I'm sure they notice," I laughed. We went in and were greeted by Slughorn who seemed really happy to see everyone. He must have been drinking more than pumpkin juice for sure. "I'm gonna grab a snack," I said walking towards Harry and Hermione who were both eating. "You guys seem thrilled to be here," I told them. Hermione sighed. I know deep down she wants to be here with Ron. "You look lovely" Hermione told me. "You do too" I said giving her a smile. "These snacks are awful." Harry said spitting one out. McLaggen walked up to us. Hermione looked as she could vomit. "Can I talk to you?" I thought he was talking to Hermione but I quickly realized he was talking to me. "Um me?" I asked super confused. "Yes please?" I was confused but went with him to talk. "Yes?" I asked. "Help me with Hermione?" He asked. I started laughing. "Why would I help you? Do you not remember this time 2 years ago what you did to me? Or do you just pretend you aren't the biggest jerk." He sighed. "I was a jerk for that and I'm so sorry..." I laughed and cut him off. "You decided to leave me without a date on the day of the Yule ball." I rolled my eyes. "I'm not doing anything for you." He sighed in frustration. "I guess that's understandable but I really am sorry Kaylee. I'm not the same person I was back than." He added, I wanted to believe him but I didn't. He still seemed like the biggest jerk. "I'm not helping you," I walked away before he could say anything else. I hated guys at the point besides my friends. I guess I hate guys who've hurt me like him... and Draco. My heat went straight back to him,   what I have been trying to avoid. I know I don't hate him but I want too. Before I could let my mind go too deep into thought over him Michael came over. "Was he being mean to you?" I laughed. "No and if he was I could have handled it," he both laughed. "I know you could have." I sighed. "He wanted me to help him with Hermione as if I would help him." I rolled my eyes. "How about me dance?" He asked. I smiled. "Of course." He held out his hand and I took it. We started dancing, "I'm glad to have a friend like you, I know it's only been a short time but I feel like we've became really close thank you for that." He said. "Thank you too I needed a friend like you more than you know," I added. "I got you something for Christmas I hope that doesn't seem too weird." He said. I was shocked. "You didn't tell me we were doing gifts I didn't get you anything." I added. He laughed nervously. "It's okay, I just thought this would look pretty on you," It was a bracelet a very pretty one. "It is so pretty," I said. "Thank you so much," I reached up and gave him a hug. "I'm sorry I didn't get you anything." I said. Before anything else could get said the party was crashed by non other than Draco. My heart sank when I turned around and seen his face looking at me. I'm assuming he had that look on his face because he seen my hugging someone else. Snape took him out. I watched Harry sneak out too I knew what he was going to do, so I followed them. "I have to go to the bathroom Michael," I said and I hurried out.

         I searched to find Harry eavesdropping. "What are you doing?" I whispered but he was still startled. "I'm listening obviously." I rolled my eyes. "Go back to the party now," I said. "And what exactly are you doing?" He asked me crossing his arm. "I'm going to the bathroom Harry, you know girl issues." I knew saying that he'd believe me. "Gross, I'm gonna go." He said and off he went Draco and Snape were still arguing. I heard Draco pull away from him I turned the corner and he was walking off my way. He stopped we both just looked at each other and didn't say anything. "Is your little boyfriend not company enough?" He finally said. "Wow, I don't even know why I came down here." I rolled my eyes. "So it's okay for you to go to another girl for comfort and not just any girl, Pantsy but I make one friend and it's a big deal." The fact he'd even have the nerve to bring it up. "So you dress like that, to go out with a friend?" He actually sounded upset saying that as if he was jealous thinking I was on an actual date with someone else. "Hurts doesn't it?" I said. He looked at me confused. "Too see someone else comforting the one you love." His facial expressions changed. "I never meant to hurt you, Kaylee. Things have been so complicated since summer." He started to walk up to me. "Kaylee..." before he could finish the sound of foot steps cut him off. "I have to go," I said and I walked back towards the party. "Can we talk?" I turned towards him and shrugged. I wanted to talk to him but I was still hurt. "I love you." He said after I turned around. I just kept walking. "I love you too..." I whispered to myself.

I made it back to the party and Michael was sitting and waiting for me. I think he could tell I was upset. "Should we go?" He asked. I nodded. We walked out of the party saying our goodbyes. We walked in a window and set down. "Do you want to talk about what happened when you went to the 'bathroom'?" He asked. I looked out the window "I think I need to talk to someone about it. However, it's complicated." He laughed a little. "You can talk to me I understand complicated." I looked at him and he was looking at me with reassuring eyes. "I promise I am not here to judge you, I'm here to be your friend." He said. "There's this boy.... And well things are complicated..." he nodded. "Well how is it complicated?" He asked. I looked at my feet. "I can't even tell you who it is, that's how complicated things are." I felt like I was already trusting Michael too much. "I know the feeling, of not being able to be to tell everyone about your relationship or even be able too walk with each other in the halls." He added. "Wait? You are dating someone?" I asked. "You aren't the only one with Secret's Kaylee." He added. "Well who is it?" I asked. He laughed. "You won't even tell me who your dated or, who things are complicated with." He raised an eyebrow, "fair enough." I sighed. "If I tell you, Michael just promise me you won't judge me..." he nodded. "I would never." I took a deep breath. "Um... I've kinda been with um," I could feel myself getting nervous. "Been with Draco Malfoy for 2 years." His mouth dropped open. "I can honestly say I didn't expect his name to fall out of your mouth, I honestly thought maybe you had a secret relationship with Ron you know, your brothers best friend super secret." He started laughed and I did also. "Oh no," I said. "I see why you have to keep things quite." He added. I nodded. "Your turn." He took a deep breath. "Same for you, promise not to judge me." He said. I nodded. "I would never." I added. "Tanner Dusk," It took a moment to process what he was saying. "Wait, Tanner Dusk? You mean..." he cut me off. "Yeah, I'm gay, and honestly you're the first person I've ever came out too besides him." I gave him a hug. "Well I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to tell me." I never expected Michael to tell me something like this, however I was happy he did. I felt like sharing these things made us so much closer. "How long?" I asked. "3 years for us." I smiled. "Well I'm glad you're happy," he nodded. "Me too, but you have to tell me why things are complicated between you and Draco." I thought for a moment I couldn't tell him about him being a death eater. "You know my brother hates him, and Draco and me like kind of broke up but it didn't feel like a break up... and than I found out overhearing some girls talk in the library that he went to Pansy and let her comfort him. She honestly thought it was because he has feelings for her like she has a chance with him. Maybe he does I don't know anymore." I felt a tear run down my face. "Does he know you know?" I nodded. "Yes, he's tried to apologize and make me understand but I'm just not sure if I'm ready to forgive him yet." I said. "Than wait until your ready, that's all you can do. If he still loves you he'll wait." It felt so nice to have someone to talk to about this. It felt good to talk about it, I've been letting this bottle up. "Thank you," I said. I gave him a hug. "I've needed a friend for a long time, you don't understand." He hugged me back. "Me too."