Part 27-28

Disclaimer: If I did own Naruto then I wouldnt be walking outta walmart depressed

Once Genma announced the next match, Naruto and Kurotsuchi turned to face each other. Due to the excitement of the other matches, the two had forgotten about their upcoming match. Both of the genin silently stared at each other intently for a few seconds.

"... Well, it's about damn time." Kurotsuchi broke the silence as she let a grin develop on her face. "I was getting kinda sick just sitting up here while everybody else gets their turn to kick some ass and fight."

"Heh, you as well?" Naruto laughed lightly in response.

"Don't say 'you as well'. You at least got to go against Risho earlier. I've had nothing so far!" The Iwa shinobi whined.

"You two seem more battle-hungry than usual." Shikamaru noted with a chuckle.

"Hell yeah I am!" Kurotsuchi declared loudly. Naruto nodded excitedly, expressing his agreement.

Both Shikamaru and Hinata laughed at their friends' excitement.

"The two of you should have a good fight. Give it your all: both of you!" Hinata told them with a smile.

"Yeah, do your best and stuff." Shikamaru nodded in agreement.

"Of course!" Naruto exclaimed to his teammates.

"Will do." Kurotsuchi answered confidently.

After saying goodbye, Naruto and Kurotsuchi left the waiting room together. The two of them were moving fast, not making any effort to hide their excitement for their match. Once the two of them had left, Shikamaru and Hinata turned their attention to each other.

"Who do you think will win?" Hinata asked the Nara curiously.

"Hard to say. Naruto's tough, yeah, but so is Kurotsuchi. I don't think we got to see everything Naruto learned during the last month, but we also don't know what Kurotsuchi can do." Shikamaru shrugged in response to Hinata's question. A smile then developed on his face. "All I do know is that the two of them are going to give each other hell down there and probably give us all a show to remember."

Hinata giggled in response to Shikamaru's answer. The two teammates then turned their attention downward to the battlefield as they waited for their friends to arrive and begin their match.

The Hyūga was rooting for both Naruto and Kurotsuchi to do well and look good to all of the people watching. She wanted to watch both of them do well and earn their promotions. However, she had to admit, she had one person she was rooting for over the other...

'Naruto-kun, you can do it!' She mentally wished her crush 'good luck'.

In their excitement for their match, Naruto and Kurotsuchi rushed down the flights of stairs. After they got down to the ground floor, Kurotsuchi stopped walking and turned her focus towards the Konoha genin. She then started to dig into her pockets and pulled out a small pill.

"Hey Naruto, take this." She called out to him.

The blonde turned his attention back to Kurotsuchi. He noticed the pill immediately and gave the girl a curious look.

"What is it?" Naruto asked as he studied the pill.

"A soldier pill." Kurotsuchi answered as she extended her hand further, urging Naruto to take it. "I know your body and chakra levels are probably fine right now after your fight with Risho, but there's a chance you may still be a little tired or weakened from the fight, and I don't want that. I just want to make sure you're completely ready for the fight."