Part 3//Changes And Improvements

Disclaimer: Still don't Naruto. Maybe one day? My birthday is coming up in a little more than three months...if you want to give me an epic present, that's an idea? :D

"Okay class, I am going to hand out scrolls for you to all read about the Second Shinobi World War. We're going to read and discuss them in class today. Pay attention everyone; you will be tested on it!" Iruka stated sharply.

Nearly the entire class groaned almost in unison, seemingly uninterested in a 'boring' history lesson and even less enthused with the idea of a test. Only a handful of students did not appear to be phased by the instructor's words. Naruto, surprisingly, was one of them. The boy had a mischievous smirk on his face as he watched Iruka reach into his desk and pull out a collection of scrolls.

Iruka walked around the class, handing a scroll to each student. As he passed by the desk of Naruto, Hinata, and Shikamaru, his eyes narrowed slightly.

"Shikamaru, WAKE UP!" He shouted at the Nara.

Shikamaru pulled his head from the desk and nodded dumbly as he reached out for the scroll. Iruka frowned as he gave the boy the scroll, then handed one to his friends. He then moved onto the next table and Shikamaru immediately laid his head back down.

"How tired are you today?" Naruto asked, chuckling.

"Same as I always am." Shikamaru said with a yawn. "Never enough hours in the day for a good night's sleep."

Naruto shook his head, mumbling under his breath about lazy friend while Hinata giggled to herself.

A few more seconds passed by until Iruka finished passing out all the scrolls. He then walked back to the front of the classroom, holding his own scroll.

"Okay, now open up your scrolls and let's start your lesson." He said, opening his scroll, which prompted the other students to open theirs. "Focus your attention on the second paragraph-"

Iruka was unable to finish his sentence; a large ball of blue paint shot out of the scroll, splashing him in the face. He closed his eyes, dropping the scroll.

"UGH!" He shouted loudly.

No one else in the classroom had time to react; paintballs shot out of each opened scroll, spraying all students with different colored paint.

"THE HELL IS THIS?" Kiba shouted as he tried to rub red paint out of his eyes.

"Who did this?" Ken commented, frowning as he tried to shake paint off his shirt.

"MY HAIR!" Ino shrieked, looking in horror at the green coloration in her hair.

The rest of the class turned into frantic shouting. Iruka grit his teeth as his eyes moved from student to student. His eyes then focused on the only students who were coated in paint: Hyūga Hinata, Nara Shikamaru, and Uzumaki Naruto. His eyes narrowed on the blond.

"NARUTO!" The academy instructor shouted. All the paint-covered students turned to face the Uzumaki, glaring at him. "HOW DID YOU TAMPER WITH MY SCROLLS? WHY DID YOU TAMPER WITH MY SCROLLS?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Iruka-sensei. I didn't do this." Naruto said, grinning. "Props to the guy who did, though. That's hilarious!"

"Oh, give me a break, Naruto!" Sakura shouted at him, orange paint dripping from her face onto her desk. "A stupid prank like this could only be done by you. And your two friends are the only ones who didn't get paint on them? That's hardly coincidental, you idiot!"

Naruto frowned at Sakura's words, but he shook his head in response: "I didn't get paint on my face because I didn't open my scroll. Obviously the dude who planned this planned on getting me too and I just got lucky I didn't open it. And now I'm definitely not opening it!"