↳ 22

awkwardness

It had been a few months since both gangs started working together, things seemed to be going rather smoothly.

" You're doing great, " Jaemin complemented, ruffling her hair slightly after her bullet hit the bull's eye.

" Ahh, I still kinda hate the sound, " y/n said, annoyed.

Jaemin pulled the gun out of her hands, smiling slightly at her, " you're really good at it though. "

Dino pushed open the training door and the first thing he saw was Jaemin and Y/n standing oddly close. He cleared his throat, sipping his water and walking in.

" Hey Chan, " y/n greeted cheerfully and he gave her a small smile before walking to the table that contained all the weaponry.

" How's your training going? " he asked while checking the gun for bullets.

" It's really good I guess, we barely have any time to talk to each other though, " she told him.

He shrugged, placing his bottle of water on the ground and started practising his shooting without another word.

She found it kinda weird how the usual chatty Chan she knew suddenly became quiet and rather distant. She glanced at Jaemin who only tilted his head to one side.

" He's usually not that quiet, right? " Jaemin whispered and Y/n nodded in reply, looking kind of upset.

She laid in bed that night, over a hundred random thoughts running through her head when she came up with a good idea. Turning over on the bed and drifting off to dreamland with a smile on her face.

" So your good idea is to make us both friends? "

y/n grinned and nodded excitedly, " both of you are my friends but you're too awkward around each other. Both of you can just sit here and get to know each other while I go and- "

" No "
" No "

She sighed, leaning against her chair at the table, " this is not going to work out. "

" What's going on here? " Woozi, who was passing by, asked curiously, pulling up a chair and sitting down next to y/n.

" She wants to make us friends, " Dino mumbled, sounding slightly disgusted at the idea.

Woozi stayed silent for a moment, " it's not going to happen. " He said, throwing his head back and laughing loudly.

Somehow, both y/n and woozi were able to persuade Jaemin and Dino to at least have a proper conversation to get to know each other more. They awkwardly greeted each other and said a simple introduction.

They had an awkward but decent conversation for about an hour or so before Dino and Woozi had to return to Seventeen's base.

" He was nice right? " y/n asked, nudging Jaemin's shoulder slightly.

" Yeah... i guess...? "

" Two of you should stop being so awkward already, " she grumbled, " it's so hard to talk to you both at once. "

" You talk to him too much, " Jaemin voiced out, heading up the stairs with y/n following behind.

" I talk to you more though, " y/n replied, following him into his room, " I talk to you everyday. "

Jaemin watch her sit on his gaming chair, spinning one full round around before facing him again. He leaned against the wall behind him, asking her why she was in his room.

" Are you chasing me out? " y/n pouted, crossing her arms in front of her and folding her legs beneath her.

Since both of them had nothing much to do, they ended up watching a movie together. However, halfway through the movie, y/n fell asleep on Jaemin's shoulder.

" isn't it- oh " he glanced at the sleeping y/n on his shoulder and shut down the computer, placing the covers over her and turning off the desk lamp beside her.

He gently pushed the hair that covered her face behind her ear, laying down next to her whilst facing her.

" Goodnight Y/n, " he whispered, " I love you. "