↳ 47

y/n ran out, trying her best to avoid all the bodies lying around, it was fortunate that she hadn't seen any bodies of her own members.

thankfully, she spotted a few members not far away, checking a few rooms at another hallway, calling out to them to get their attention.

between pants and uncontrolled internal panic, she briefly tried to explain the situation to them. words that came out in broken korean were miraculously understood by the members. several of them tried to calm her down while the rest went to check on the situation in the cornered room.

there was silence for a moment, the distant sound of footsteps fading in the distance. tranquil night still undisturbed, the series of gunshots that went unheard by locals thanks to the soundproof gang base.

y/n could hear a few distant voices from where they were at, a sudden loud bang- that came sooner then anyone had expected- rang through the air sent panic through y/n's vines. pushing her way through her members who were crowded a distance away from the entrance of the room, only to find that the women who seemed to be the leader of wolf crew on the ground, face flat- bleeding.

it was clear that jaemin shot her through the back, perhaps when she turned around to face her messily scribbled whiteboard that was mainly devoted to jaemin himself.

the silence felt louder then ever, almost deafening for y/n as she inched her way to jaemin, releasing him grip on the heavy gun that broke the silence by clattering onto the ground.

" lets go " taeyong instructed, eyeing her who was slowly dying the agony, turning around to leave a the leader of wolf crew alone in the room and head back to their own base.

y/n stood at the back, watching them all leave one by one. she wasn't sure how she was supposed to feel at that moment, more than just several lives were taken that night. Was she supposed to celebrate their mission completion or feel sorry for the deceased?

this was what they had planned out after all. everything just went according to plan for the members of both seventeen and nct to get their revenge.

pulling the earpiece out from her ear and cutting of the dialogue by the hackers. sweet revenge? or was all the lives lost for nothing but to let them let go of their traumatic past?

a loud sound from a gunshot jolted her out of her thoughts, spinning around just like the other members. her eyes widened the moment she saw the scene- jaemin, facing the dying leader directly behind her, the leader of wolf crew's hand fell limp after that shot, the gun slipping out of her hand.

" jaemin! "

she stumbled over, falling onto her knees as she held him in her arms, tears forming as quickly as they started streaming down her face. she could hear the shouts to fetch kun and taeil over and the sound of people running, she couldn't react- just kneeling there with the love of her life in her arms.

" jaemin, jae- hang in there, " she muttered, noticing the fabric at his chest area that was beginning to get soaked in blood, " i- i what do i do? what- should i stop- "

" its okay love, its fine, " he reassured, his smoothing voice just slightly above a whisper, finding harder to breathe by the second.

" jaemin, no- i- " she tearfully choked out, unable to string the words together. there were many things she wanted to do with him but with everything being so busy for them, they kept pushing off plans. would this later be something too suffocating for her?

she used to love the colour red, whenever she saw it against her own skin. the streaks of red that stayed hidden for only her to see and no one else. but right there, she detested every shade of it as the deep red colour of jaemin's blood stained her hands.

jaemin offered a smile, his hand reached out to tuck the strands of hair behind her ear and run his fingers through her hair like he always did as if they were just on a peaceful date in the park with the colourful flowers and butterflies around them.

everything felt surreal, from having y/n with him, the park scenery he made up in his mind to the actual fact that he was slipping from this world. just a few days ago, it was as if he was trying to grasp onto " reality " while being completely detached from himself.

right now, he once again felt like he was really alive and living once again as himself and not on autopilot. the pain in his chest, the sadness, everything was too real.

" you're so fucking beautiful. "

" you promised you wornt leave me " tears from her eyes fell onto his face. she knew she sounded childish but she really couldn't care less, she'd never want to let him go. never.

jaemin intertwine their fingers, his own blood staining his palm as he did so.

" you'll live your best life for me wouldnt you? " he felt his tears fall as he admired the love of his life, " don't blame yourself for this, none of it this your fault. "

his face grew pale due to the amount of blood he lost and he allowed himself slip in and out of his consciousness.

" y/n? "

he received a sob as a reply, he chuckled lightly, feeling the immanse amount of pain shot through his body which felt like it was on fire. i am really going to hell, he joked with himself.

" i love you, " he hesitated, " but you have to find someone else you can spend the rest of your life with. " as selfish as he was, he couldn't possibly expect y/n to ' stay with him ' even after he died.

" no, n...no, " she wanted to hold onto him, though afraid that the blood would stain his face.

jaemin held her hand to his face, leaning onto it slightly with a small and peaceful smile, " please do. "

and his time was up.
he was gone. really gone.

she can't remember what happened next, attempts to shake jaemin awake as tears blurred her vision. her mind unable to comprehend what had happened, at some point she had most probably passed out.

she hid herself in his room, under the duvet that still had the comforting soft smell of him. she sobbed until her eyes felt dry, the memories of jaemin since the first day she met cute little him alone at the playground to meeting the emotionless mature him in the gang again.

they were happy memories.
painful happy memories.

they were fated to meet, destined to fall in love but it wasn't meant to last long.

they were never made to have a happy ending, never once from the beginning.