↳ 12

jaemin isn't emotionless

It was still dark outside when y/n made her way downstairs for breakfast. She has a week left till the mission and she didn't know what to feel about it.

Part of her was excited, part of her wasn't.

She wanted to experience the thrill and excitement of doing dangerous things. Things that society disapproves. That part of her wanted to prove that she was skillful enough to join the gang.

~ ఌ ~
The leader leaned forward curiously, placing his hands on the table between them, " what condition? "

" You let me join NCT. "

" Hmmm " he flipped through the folder with her information with a raised eyebrow, " your background fits but it's about your potential. "

" We'll see how well you do for this mission, " Taeyong concluded, leaning backwards against his comfortable leather chair, " any questions? "

" About my background... what do you mean it fits? " Y/n asked, confusion written all over her face

The corners of Taeyong's mouth turned down slightly, " when I started this gang, I made sure that everyone who joined was... broken? I wanted them to have a safe place and a place for them to be themselves. "

" What's your reason? " slight curiosity bubbling inside her.

" My mum died when I was a child and my dad... " his hands tightly clenched together on the table, " got killed by a gang. "

" Did you get your revenge then? "

" No. It might be Seventeen though, they seem to hate us a lot. That's why we need you to find out when the gang started and more information about them. It's hard to hack into their system. " Taeyong sigh.

" And... do you mean that all the members have- "

" They have their own story, yes. " he leant forward, " I don't think you should ask them right now. When they get more comfortable with you then you could ask, most of them hate talking about their past. "

" Hi Jaemin, " y/n greeted as usual when she tapped Renjun's key card onto the reader and stepped into the basement training room.

Y/n has gotten more comfortable with Jaemin's presence over the few months of training. The guy, however, was still as cold and silent as usual.

" What are we doing today? " she asked the guy who seemed void of any emotions while tieing up her hair into a ponytail.

Jaemin walked over to the table with different weapons, hand hovering above them as he searched for the shiny object. Picking it up, he slid the object across the floor to where the girl was standing.

She bent down and picked up the knife, it was rather small and could be kept in her pocket. Her feet automatically making their way over to where Jaemin was, nearly banging onto him as her eyes glued to the sharp metal blade.

" You're going to fight me with that, " he said in an affectless voice.

" Are you serious?! What if I kill you? " her anxious eyes meeting his cold hard ones. She swore that saw his eyes softened for a fraction of a second but returned to his emotionless self immediately.

" You wornt kill me, babe. " he said casually as a smirk made its way to his lips. She blinked in surprise, stumbling over her own feet as she took a step back.

She reached her hand out, placing the back of her hand on his forehead, " are you feeling ok Na Jaemin? "

He grinned, shrugging his shoulders as he removed her hand from his forehead. " We should start training. "

" BITCH, MY NA JAEMIN FINALLY SMILED! " y/n screamed, tackling a very shocked Jaemin onto the ground.

" Are you really Jaemin? Are you a impersonator? " she asked, pinning him down.

He flipped her over, one of her hand behind her back as he lightly pushed her onto the ground.

" Yes I am Jaemin. Even though I'm colder than others, that doesn't mean I can't smile. You're pretty good at tackling people aren't you? " He let go of her hand and stood up, pulling her onto her feet as well.

" You're good at switching aren't you, Mr Na Jaemin? I wonder how many times you've done it in bed with someone. " she said jocularly which made Jaemin choke on his silva.

" Choking on my dick aren't you, " she joked, patting his back lightly.
" It's nonexistent. "
" Whatever. "

" We should really start training, " Jaemin said, glancing over to the clock on the wall.

" You should really smile more, " y/n told him in a matter-of-factly, " you have a really pretty smile. "

" I've been told, " he said quietly, referring to one of his sudden flashbacks with an unknown girl.

" Really? " her tone surprised, she didn't know who in the gang had seen him smile, " by whom? "

" I don't remember. " Jaemin said, sighing.

Y/n opened her mouth to ask why but Jaemin seemed to have read her mind. " memory loss when I got hit by a car. "

" I seem to remember everything except for her. I assume she's my childhood friend, I've been getting lots of flashbacks about her but just I can't remember her name. " he said, messing up his already messy hair in frustration.

" I just want to remember everything about her. "

Y/n glanced over to Jaemin, feeling a twinge of sadness for him. " Does no else remember anything about her? Your family? Your relatives? "