↳ 43

" hey, " haechan greeted when y/n stumbled into the car, face pale, hand gripping onto the gun as if it was life support, " are you- "

" yeah, " she replied as if she already saw it coming , " just drive. "

the car only had the two of them while the others took Jisung's car, the whole ride was silent, the only sound coming was from the car travelling on the road as haechan tapped his fingers occasionally while waiting for the traffic, glancing through the mirror to check on y/n once in a while.

Jisung's car was already in its parking lot once they returned to the base, signifying that the others were already back.

" lets- "

" i want to stay here for awhile if thats okay with you, " y/n cut across him once again.

he peaked at the female, the colour had returned to her face but had drained out from the hand that still held onto the gun.

" take your time, " he replied, it sure wasnt out of pity for her, he truly wanted her to feel better, kind of like brotherly love in a sense.

haechan got out only to be greeted by an overly anxious jaemin right at the front door who bombarded him with so much questions about y/n that he was pretty sure there was something going on between them.

❤️

it turned pretty late, the sky had slightly darken, a pretty glow of dark orange painted the sky with several clouds in sight.

y/n exited, the gun now hanging loosely from her finger as she dragged herself back into the house.

she met jaemin, the moment she entered and she wouldn't be anymore relieved to see him. dont get her wrong, she loved the other members too but jaemin was a different type of romance- he was the kind that bought her extra sense of security and comfort.

" hey you're awake, " she already knew that of course, " are you feeling- "

he embraced her in a hug, the gun slipping off her finger and went clattering onto the ground.

" dont worry about me, are you okay? " his voice came out slightly muffled as he ran his fingers through her hair, " you can take all the time in the world. "

she hummed a response, honestly, what would she do without jaemin?

❤️

the moonlight shone though the gaps of the curtains, allowing a long strip of light to be seen on the bedsheets. a scene of her getting chased and held at gunpoint cause her to jolt awake.

y/n sat on her bed, beads of sweat appearing on the back of her neck. hugging her blanket tightly but it provided no comfort.

she pulled herself out of bed, going down the dim hallway to get herself a glass of water.

she drained the water in the glass, finding it to no help to her disturbed self. she returned up the stairs while her mind stayed wide awake though she was physically tired.

" can't sleep? "

she could recognise that voice anywhere- even if she was sleep walking.
she glanced at where he was standing, by the doorway of his own room, the dim lights of his room visible behind him.

" yeah... " she replied quietly, unsure if she would wake the other members up.
" want to come in? " jaemin offered, opening his door a little wider, " you can refuse if you don't want to. "

" i want to, " she mumbled quietly, stepping past him and into his room.
she swore she saw jaemin give her a little smile which made her heart do flips as if it was some sort of gymnast.

she admired his neat room, it wasnt the first time she was there of course, but it was the first time she saw lights- other than the main light- on.

jaemin sat himself comfortably on his bed while y/n sat awkwardly at the corner of his bed, she loved his whole presence and the calm vibes but she just had one question she needed answers to.

" do you want to come here? " jaemin pulled the cover back as an invitation which was gladly accepted by y/n. she felt at ease with him, almost forgetting about her dream earlier.

" you want to talk about it? "

" about what exactly? " y/n questioned, watching jaemin gently place the covers over her so that she wouldn't feel cold from the temperature of the air-conditioner.

" your troubles or anything bothering you, " he glanced at y/n, holding eye contact with her for a rather long time.

" what about you? " she asks, getting a little more comfortable with being next to jaemin on his bed- mind you, there was quite alot of space between them, " you're going through something aren't you? "

he gave her a smile, patting her head gently and telling her not to worry so much about it. to him, it was considered as something not of importance.

" you think that not eating your proper meals and overworking yourself is not important? " y/n frowned, scooting over closer to him and squishing his cheeks together with her palms, " it's important okay? you're important, very important. so you have to eat your meals well, rest well and urm... "

she removed her hands from his face, feeling a little awkward for touching his face all of the sudden, "sorry about that... " she apologised, even when jaemin didn't mind it one bit.

" can we have a deal then? " jaemin came up with an idea, " i'll eat if you eat with me. "

well, she agreed, she wanted to spend more time with jaemin anyways.

they ended up having small talks while laying pretty close to each other until y/n felt relatively drowsy, cuddling a little closer to jaemin for body warmth.

" hey jaemin? "

he hummed a response, probably already half asleep.

" i think i've asked this question before but what are we exactly? "

" i'll be your friend, boyfriend, or anything you want me to be. " he mumbled, giving her a peak on the forehead before drifting off to sleep.

↳ urm cute-ish ??