↳ 28

jaemin made his way downstairs, his hair obviously neater then before but his face was still, however, as pale as a sheet of paper. he sat himself on the couch, staring at nothingness for a good 10 minutes when the bell rang.

he jolted out of his daydream, his head snapping to the door where a seemingly tinier-than-usual renjun opened it and gestured for the two unknown people to enter.

one guy towered the other, his height obviously making him one of the taller members of their gang. the other guy looked a bit shy, a smile plastered on his face was a stark contrast to the taller guy beside him who seemingly did not have any emotion shadowed behind his eyes.

the taller guy still smiled though, even though it wasn't a genuine smile. it wasn't like both smiles were genuine anyways.

Jung Sungchan, the taller guy who had alexithymia and Shotaro Osaki, the guy with smiling depression- it was way too easy for him to differentiate. jaemin ignored the two who were brought upstairs to taeyong's office by renjun, his eyes scanning the downstairs area which all seemed somewhat odd to him, his eyes met jisung's who stood at the hallway leading to the medical rooms. with his face filled with slight fear and concern, jisung scurried to him, making the person hiding behind him to be visible.

" hyung, noona wanted to see you, " jisung whispered to him, giving him a light pat before running to god knows where.

jaemin's eyes flickered to y/n, his eyes softening the slightest without him even trying to, her arms were bandaged up and her face was paler than usual.

she made her way to him but instead of just staying put like anyone else would, jaemin stood up, taking one look at y/n before waking up the staircase behind him- leaving y/n to stare at the guy she cherished all along.

her eyes glimmered with watery tears as she watched him leave. just when she took the courage to walk towards someone, he walked off, leaving her more alone then she was when she laid on the uncomfortable hospital bed in the medical room with the curtains drawn around her to leave her some privacy.

he was fine just before. just before she shut herself in the four walls of her room, before he found her bleeding out on the floor, before he went out in the cold.

but what happened to him now?

his behaviour made her and everyone who had talked to him ponder and wonder what exactly went through his mind during the few hours when he was out.

y/n found herself following him up the stairs but instead of going to him, she went to jeno. since he was jaemin's best friend, he should know what had happened to him, right?

she lifted her hand up and knocked on the door, she heard him grant her permission to enter his room and so she did. she shut the door behind her, standing uncomfortably by the door as she glanced at jeno and the rest of his room. he sat on his messy bed, a phone in hand and glasses on the bridge of his nose, even though there wasn't any lenses in it, she can't deny the fact that he was very attractive.

she pressed her back against the door, maintaining eye contact as awkwardness lingered in the air after not speaking to each other for about two weeks.

" hi, " jeno greeted with less than usual enthusiasm, " nice halloween costume. " he commented in attempt to ease the awkwardness in the atmosphere.

y/n laughed even though it wasn't entirely funny, she just felt that laughing would perhaps make her feel somewhat better, " urm i have a question. " she always preferred going straight to the point instead of beating around the bush.

jeno nodded, gesturing for y/n to take a seat next to him on his untidy bed, " is it about the new members? or jaemin? "

she sighed taking a seat next to him, flinching almost immediately when she felt something brush against her leg. she jumped the slightest, catching a glimpse of the fury creature which seemed oddly familiar. she picked the grey and white cat up, placing it on her lap tenderly whilst stroking it behind its ears.

" this was the cat i saw when i first- " her voice trailed off, snapping her head to jeno's direction, " you didn't tell me that it was your cat! " she mumbled angrily.

" do you like cats? "

she blew the hair out of her face, " duh. " she replied as if it was the most obvious answer. at that moment, she completely forgot why her presence was found in jeno's room and her problems seemed to temporarily vanish from the surface of the earth.

jeno smiled at the girl whom he treated as a sister, getting off the bed and coaxing his other two cats out from under his bed- one black and white while the other was a white, black and orange cat. y/n gasped, gently picking the cat off her lap and picking up another.

" her name is bongsik, " he pointed to the cat with was now on his bed, " the one you're holding now is called seol and this one is called nal. " he sat back down on his bed, picking bingsik off his sheets and letting her roam around the ground.

" you're here for jaemin i suppose, " he concluded, " i'm not sure what is wrong with him. "

y/n tilted her head to the side a little, " he didn't tell you anything? "

" nope, nothing at all. "

it was almost like all hopes of finding out what happened to jaemin was lost until...

↳ hey guys!! here's another chapter of unmendable as promised :)
i decided to intro the rest of jeno's cats hehe
sorry for leaving yall on a cliffhanger
do yall wonder what will happen next or whats wrong w jaemin? 🙃
its a secret ;)

‼️‼️ btw i posted a new book called " end of the tunnel " please go check it out !! :D