Chapter Twenty Two: Preparing For The Battle Of Murguol

While Jack and his newly discovered long-lost brother struggled to escape Murbuol, Waldo and his group had rendezvoused with the Blades of Freedom.

Lonestar, Waldo, and the others camped on an uninhabited island, waiting for the Blades of Freedom to show up.

Then a massive fleet emerged. The Blades had arrived.

All of the ships landed on the island.

Everyone inside the ships got out and gathered around Waldo and the others. One of the Blades approached Waldo and shook his hand. It was Jane Zar, the leader of the Blades of Freedom and the sister of Jenna Zar.

"Hello Waldo, I haven't seen you since Muspelheim. Things sure have taken a turbulent turn around here. Lord Shadowking, the leader of the Dark Abyss and the one person we've struggled with assassinating for years, is now dead at last. Despite all that, Nousaurong has seized control of the Abyss and now the Abyss is even more powerful than it was during Shadowking's rule. We sure need all the help we can get. Most of men have been slaughtered by Nousaurong, single-handedly and with minimal effort. Many of us have lost faith in liberating this place from eons of oppression, and many have even gone so far as to desert us. The men you see before you are all that remains of us. We are short on men, and the Enemy has a powerful and terrifying new leader. Not to mention, the Enemy has a powerful army consisting of trillions of men. We only have an army of 1,000 at best. We are on the brink of collapse. It's do or die time for our group. So, why have we started this gathering?", said Jane.

"It's about my brother, Jackson Zar. He's been captured by God-Emperor Nousaurong, and is currently being held prisoner in Murguol. If we don't take action, he'll die," said Waldo.

"And what of it?!", said one of the Blades.

The Blades immediately started complaining about the possibility of attacking Murguol directly.

"SHUT UP!!!!! ENOUGH TALKING, HEAR HIM OUT TO THE END!!!!!!", yelled Jane.

"Thank you," said Waldo.

"You're welcome. But that is a good question. So why should we help you. If we storm Murguol, we will risk losing all that we have left. As I said, we only have 1,000 men, and they have trillions of men. We will be slaughtered the moment we get near Murguol, and the Blades of Freedom will be no more. Everything we've worked for, everything we've fought for, every victory we've ever had, and every person who's sacrificed themselves for our cause will be in vain," said Jane.

"As I said, Jack has been captured by Nousaurong. That is why we must fight. Jack is my brother, and I don't want to lose him. However, that's only part of the story. Jack is also the Chosen One, the one who is prophesied to kill Nousaurong and stop the Apocalypse. He is the only one who has a chance at stopping Nousaurong now or in the future. You need him! He is the key to winning this war!  Don't you see?! Without him, all is lost!", said Waldo.

"Look, we're all sad that your bro is gonna die........BUT WE HAVE TO LOOK AFTER OURSELVES!!!!!", yelled one of the Blades.

"HEY KID, THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YOU!!!!!!", yelled another Blade.

The second Blade stood up and pulled down his pants, revealing his bare, naked butt to Waldo.

"ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!", yelled Jane.

The Blade pulled his pants back up and sat down.

"Jeez, I don't remember them being this rude the last time we met!", said Waldo.

"When we last met, we all were way more optimistic than we are now. They see our cause as a lost cause now that Nousaurong is in power. It's possible many of these people are thinking of deserting us as well," said Jane.