Chapter Eighteen: The Loner

As John stood face-to-face against both Moloch and his past, Jack continued standing on watch at the cave near Sadika where his friends were hiding.

Isaac was still awake.

"Go to sleep, you'll feel better," said Jack.

"But what if, what if the God-Emperor and the bad men get me? What if they kill me like they killed my parents?! What if I succumb to Nousaurong, all life succumbs to him?! What if we die in our sleep?!", said Isaac.

"They ain't gonna kill us in our sleep, I promise that. That's why we're taking turns watching out for them. As long as one of us remains awake, no bad guys are gonna come for us. There ain't no bad guy dumb enough to ambush us if one of us is already of aware of it," said Jack.

"But........Nousaurong! He said it himself, he is gonna kill me!", said Isaac.

"No, he won't! Not as long as I stand by your side!", said Jack.

"But he's the God-Emperor!", said Isaac.

"That ain't gonna scare me, I'm the Chosen One. I already told you this, the Chosen One will defeat Nousaurong and save the day! As long as I stand in Nousaurong's way, he ain't gonna harm anybody! Remember my promise, I never go back on them!", said Jack.

Isaac crawled in a ball and trembled.

"Hey, I said I promise! Don't worry about the bad men, I'm telling you right now! I will free you from this pain! You may not understand what 'freedom' means since the bad guys discourage it, but I assure you that after all of this is over........you will finally find it, understand it, and embrace it!", said Jack.

Isaac cried, not in terror, but in joy. He hugged Jack.

"Thank you, thank you so much for all that you have done! Please kill that Nousaurong," said Isaac.

"Don't worry, I will. Please, go to sleep," said Jack.

"I will," said Isaac.

Isaac went fast asleep, finally sleeping in comfort after sleeping uneasily for hours.

Jack looked at the time, his shift was over. He pulled out a checklist that he and his friends had made, which basically displayed who was taking which shift. Jack had taken the second to last shift, and after his shift would be the last one. Resizagirl would take the last shift.

Jack poked Resizagirl's shoulder.

"Hey, wake up. It's your shift," said Jack.

Resizagirl wouldn't wake up.

"Fine, you leave me no choice. I hope you're ticklish," said Jack.

Jack began tickling Resizagirl from all over. Resizagirl began kicking her legs and was laughing so hard that she started crying.

After a second of agony, Resizagirl woke up and accidentally punched Jack right in the crotch. Jack tried to hold back the scream that would escape his mouth. Instead, he whimpered while keeping his mouth closed so hard that it almost sounded like a muted scream of murder.

Jack fell down to the floor while Resizagirl woke up at the exact same time.

"OW! That hurt," whimpered Jack.

Resizagirl looked at Jack.

"Sorry about that, I have a bad habit of sleep punching," said Resizagirl.

"What is 'sleep punching?'", said Jack.

"It's a tendency that all Nedonians have to deal with. Whenever someone tries to wake us up, we wanna go back to sleep so much so that we punch in random directions. It's sorta like sleep walking, except it's punching," said Resizagirl.