Chapter Nineteen: The Darkest Hour

While Jack had yet another encounter with Nousaurong, John Zar was still fighting Lord Moloch at Kazukudum.

John Zar was still trapped by Moloch's dark spell, still reliving the most painful moments in his life.

John was in a black void.

"LET ME OUT!!!!!!", yelled John.

"Tell me, John, how did it feel to abandon those you loved?! Did you ever consider how they felt?! I thought you Oridians ought to know better than to make deals with your sworn enemy, especially Nousaurong!", said Moloch.

"That's private!", said John.

"Not to me, and not to the God-Emperor! I gotta admit, God-Emperor Nousaurong sure does have a cruel streak! I like it, really! It's fun watching your superiors torment the Asmeth out of your enemies! I like watching those unfaithful to Nousaurong suffer his wrath! It seems to me like you have had a lot of suffering under his wrath!", said Moloch.

"SHUT UP AND LEAVE MY MIND!!!!!!", yelled John.

"No! I want more!", said Moloch

John landed on the floor. He was now on Mars. It was the year 1996 during the Martian War.

During this time, Mars had been experiencing political turmoil for thousands of years. Thousands of years after the death of the last Martian King, Mars experienced a period of endless civil war. Warlords dominated the scenes and did what they could to seize power.

When John arrived on Mars, Mars was at the climax of its thousand-year struggle. Many warlords sided with the Cult of Nousaurong in the hopes of achieving both power and unity! At the same time, many warlords feared Nousaurong and so they banded together to stop the Cult of Nousaurong from gaining influence in Martian politics.

In this moment within John's life, he had already been living in the red sandy battleground for a year. After he abandoned Cain and Rose, John felt as though he lost his purpose in life.

As a result, he became attached to the idea of saving others from the forces of evil. This was especially true after he stumbled upon Mars' barbaric environment.

It was at this point when John started to develop feelings for Jenna Zar, while forgetting about what happened with Rose and Cain.

John was sitting on a chair inside Jenna's house, observing the conflict waging all throughout.

"I swear, I'm gonna end this war! I'm gonna drive those Cult bastards out, and I'm gonna restore this place to its former glory! I will make this place peaceful again!", John said to himself.

"Is that so?!", said a dark voice.

John turned around. Nousaurong was standing right behind him.

"You! What do you want?!", said John.

"Nothing. I want to deliver a message!", said Nousaurong

"What is it?! I already did what you asked, I left Rose and Cain behind just like you said!", said John.

"I know, that is what I wish to talk about! You most certainly did leave those two..............," said Nousaurong.

Nousaurong laughed.

"YOU LEFT THOSE TWO TO THEIR DEATHS!!!!!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!", laughed Nousaurong.

John's eyes were wide open. He cried.

"YOU, WHAT DID YOU DO?!!!!", yelled John.

"Me? I did nothing! I stayed away, I didn't bother interfering! I did what YOU asked me to do, I left them alone! However, I am not the only thing that can kill them! No, remember where you left them! Soavera, in the Slavelands, a place reputable for its slave trade, impoverishment, and violent crimes! You see, when dear sweet Rose realized what you did, she was so shocked! For 6 years or so, she experienced an extreme sense of abandonment and loss! Many bandits took advantage of her, and as a result, she faced difficulties adjusting to life in Soavera! Her situation in Soavera and your actions were too unbearable for her to handle, so she fell into a state of depression for 6 years! Her depression became so severe that she decided to take her own life! So your lovely wife committed suicide as a result!", said Nousaurong.