Chapter Twelve: The Six Month Darkness

After that exhausting fight with Nousaurong, Jack and his group quickly fled Sadika. They hid in a cave for the time being.

Jack was asleep, dreaming of the terrible memories of the Blood Clan.

In the dream, it was only a week or two after Jack burnt his old life as retribution for a god he didn't even know.

Despite that it would only be 6 months until Waldo freed him, it felt like Jack had been a slave for 6 years!

At this point, Jack and the other slaves were assigned the task of rebuilding Jumptown, which had been destroyed by the Locrithian Invasion.

They also had to burn down any building that promoted Christianity, Judaism, or anything else.

A group of Jewish slaves were forced to burn down their own synagogue. A group Muslims were forced to burn down their own mosque. A group of Catholics burnt their own church. A group of Orthodox Christians burnt their own church.

Jack was given a torch by the Blood Clan. He was tasked, along with his schoolmates, to burn down their own school. Despite that school was boring as hell and the crappiest place on Earth, Jack felt terrible burning down his own school.

So much had happened at school, both good and bad.

The bad: homework, tests, boring teachers, grades, and of course the school shootings.

The good: lessons, writing, speaking, and developing

"I'm sorry, I can't do this!", said Jack.

"YOU WILL AND YOU MUST!!!!! That building is the embodiment of atheism, and atheists deserve to burn in Hell forever, for they have defied God!", said a Blood Clan soldier.

Jack was kicked in the back. He fell to the floor. He was held at gunpoint.

"GET YOUR ASS OFF THE FLOOR, OR I WILL SHOOT!!!!!", screamed the soldier.

Jack got up. He grabbed the torch and walked towards Jumptown Elementary School.

He was in his classroom from Third Grade, it was here where he had his last class with Waldo Zar.

He cried.

He threw his torch at his teacher's desk, due to the fact that the teacher who sat there was a jerk. That was one thing he was okay with burning.

However, the fire soon started spreading throughout the room, burning the books and desks inside of it. Jack watched as a poster on the wall with the Pledge of Allegiance started to burn away. He watched as the American flag in the classroom started to burn away. Usually, this would be the part where a fire alarm goes off. However, the fire alarms were dismantled by the Blood Clan.

Jack quickly fled from the school. He watched his work unfold. A large portion of the school was burning. Other kids were throwing torches at other parts of the school, which cause the fire to grow even bigger. The school became one giant fire pit that day. Shortly after, it collapsed from its foundation.

Jack was tearing up. A Blood Clan soldier approached him. He whipped Jack in the back.

"STOP CRYING!!!!!! It is a sin to cry in shame, for you have been saved by the Lord God! You have been saved from the sin of atheism! Be grateful, for your step to evangelization and salvation has begun!", yelled the soldier.

"You've ruined me!", said Jack.

"No, we have saved you! This is atonement for your wrongdoings!", said the soldier.

Jack ran and punched the soldier in the face. WHAM! His nose was bleeding!

"HOW DARE YOU?!!!!! HEATHEN!!!!!!!", yelled the soldier.

The soldier whipped Jack even harder across the back. Jack's back had a big deep red cut full of blood. Jack was screaming in pain, terror, and anger.

"MAY NOUSAURONG'S WILL BE DONE!!!!!!! HEIL NOUSAURONG!!!!!!!", yelled the soldier.

"Asshole!", yelled Jack.

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH, KID!!!!!! OR ELSE I WILL HAVE A CHAT WITH THE SUPERIOR ABOUT YOUR BEHAVIORS, SO CEASE YOUR HEATHENISM AT ONCE!!!!!!!", yelled the soldier.

"Fine, hail Nopobesong!", sighed Jack.

"NO, HEIL NOUSAURONG!!!!!!! It's HEIL, not HAIL! It is NOUSAURONG and not NOPOBESONG!", said the soldier.

The soldier grabbed Jack by the neck and strangled him. He threw Jack the floor and kicked him.

"Now, your work isn't finished! I have a job for you! You shall rebuild city hall, for it was destroyed by the Locrithians! I better see some hustle! If you slack off or open that mouth of yours, you're as good as dead! UNDERSTAND?!", said the soldier.

"Yes," mumbled Jack.

The soldier put his mouth into Jack's ear. He screamed right in his ear.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!", screamed the soldier.

Jack felt uncomfortable. His ears were ringing.

"YES!", moaned Jack.

Jack was placed on a lorry. The lorry drove to Jumptown City Hall. He observed how the town he had lived for his whole life began to change.

Jumptown was damaged by the Dark Legion, so it had already changed. But this new reign of terror made those changes seem small.

Some buildings were rebuilt after they were destroyed by the Dark Legion. Others were burnt to the ground.

Bookstores were raided. Tons of books were tossed onto the streets and burnt. The bookstores were set on fire.

Devil's Forest, the forest where gangsters typically roamed about, the forest where Waldo had disappeared years ago, had been all but burnt down.

The flagpole in the center of town, which had the American flag, now had the Blood Clan flag. Right behind that flagpole was city hall, which had been blown down by the Dark Legion. Currently, the building was undergoing reconstruction.

Tons of children and adults alike were working on repairing city hall.

"NOW, WORK!!!!!!", yelled the soldier.

The soldier gave Jack a bunch of wood, a hammer, and a bunch of nails.

Jack was standing in front of a wood pillar. He stood there and stared at it, deep in thought.

When the soldier saw this, he kicked Jack in the back.

Jack flopped to the floor, dropping the things he was given.

"WELL, I'M WAITING!!!!", yelled the soldier.

Jack looked at him.

"Get your ass off the floor, now! Grab your materials and work!", said the soldier.

"Fine!", sighed Jack.

"DON'T YOU TALK TO ME IN THAT TONE!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT YOU GET TO SERVE YOUR GOD!!!!!! YOUR EVANGELIZATION HAS BEGUN, BE HAPPY!!!!!! DON'T BE GLOOMY!!!!!", yelled the soldier.

Jack got off the floor. He picked up his materials and began working. At least I'm rebuilding something that wasn't destroyed, thought Jack.

Every so often, Jack would turn his head around to look behind him. The soldier wasn't there. He was worried that man would come back and beat him again.

He saw as his old life was burning away in fire. The old Jumptown he knew his whole life was being burnt away. The new Jumptown he never knew was being built.

What made things worse was that HE and the locals of this town were the ones doing the burning and building.

The Blood Clansmen only sat and watched them.

It was decided that day that Jumptown, Kansas of the former United States would become the capital base of the Blood Clan. That was when the Six Month Darkness began.