The Republic of Balbadd and Cassim's Answer

"Princess, is it alright if we do not bring the oracle along?" Ka Kobun asked her as they and the rest of the princess's entourage flew away on their magic carpet.

"It is alright. After all, I left him in Banker's hands," she replied. "In any case, let us withdraw for now. Let us inform his majesty about Balbadd's end to monarchy! And also about the matter regarding Sindria's king..." She remembered Sinbad's serious expression when he promised to 'definitely pay a visit' and blushed. 'I wonder when that person will come to pay a visit?' she thought happily, holding her flushed face. Ka Kobun wasn't sure how to feel about that. Her crush on the king of Sindria seemed like trouble, given how easily she had given in to the enemy because of it. He sighed.

"Ka Kobun-san... People below are gathering for some reason," one of her guards reported.

"I know about that," Kyougoku said. "Haven't they been outside the palace all along?"

"No, it's... a different group of people..." another guard said. "They seem like they're heading straight for the royal palace..."

Sure enough, down below in the streets, a large group of people had gathered and were marching together in that direction.

Inside the palace, Sinbad was just saying goodbye to the delegate from Artemyra, who was sitting on the back of a very large bird perched on the balcony. They watched her fly off to catch up to the Imuchakk and Heliohapt representatives, who had already left on their own birds.

"Diplomatic chiefs..." Barkak said, watching them go. "Everyone has returned... and we haven't expressed our gratitude..."

"Really, you truly are reckless," Sinbad said, turning back to face Alibaba. "Sneaking into the royal palace by yourself like that, at one point I didn't know what to expect!"

"I apologize!" Alibaba said at once, bowing to him. "Willfully doing things..."

"But, oh well... I could expect that you would be thinking something like that..." Sinbad said. "From now on, you'll really have to put in your best effort!"

"Yes!" Alibaba agreed brightly.

"What should we do from now on?" Sahbmad asked.

"I believe that the end of the monarchy will have merit for the peace movement. However, the country cannot continue with the sudden loss of a government..." Barkak said.

"Exactly!" Alibaba said, nodding his head in agreement. "That's why we will need to construct an interim government. The shape of the formation of a republic, firstly we will need to involve representatives from the citizens to open a discussion session... because to hold an election, we will have to have an executive committee. Gather up the honest government officials from the palace. Please do it immediately. I want to hear your opinions about elections, elder brother Sahbmad and Barkak. I want the previous king Ahbmad to be held in confinement or a solitary island within Balbadd's territorial waters. The people may ask for a death sentence, but... I do not want to kill my own brother... And anyway, currently, no one is allowed to punish another in this country. The reason is because the penal law has to be reconstructed... Let's slowly build up order. Though I said 'republicanism', there are many ways to go about doing that and you may be puzzled, what I want to see is a success: something like that of the urban state of Kashgan, that's in the middle of the desert. I want to see Balbadd become like that country, where there is a complete citizen-ruled government, where everyone is not judged by race, upbringing, wealth or income, but a country ruled by equality... everyone, wouldn't you wish the same...?" Everyone stared at him in awe.

"Looks like he's serious..." Sinbad remarked with a small smile.

"Alright!" one guard said.