Sayonara, Nana

A/N: Damn, two months again. I really am sorry. Life just gets in the way, especially now that I'm back in college. I just hope you continue to enjoy it.

This is the last full chapter where we're in the hospital. This is mostly the other's reaction to Izuku's idea. And it's not exactly rainbows and sunshine.

"How are we going to do that? I mean, I could just repeat what you say back to him."

Nana shrugged, "I guess, but that won't exactly be emotionally fulfilling. We need to do this fast though."

Izuku furrowed his brow as he looked over to his ghostly partner. The duo were sitting on the rooftop of the hospital to avoid Izuku looking completely crazy to anyone walking by. The morning sun was nearing its peak at high-noon. "Why do we need to do this quickly?"

A sorrowful smile graced Nana's face as she put a hand on his head. "You have my quirk now, and I've helped you figure out the path you want to take as a hero. My job is done."

"...O-Oh." Izuku's lips pursed as he wrung his hands together. "I-I guess I never actually thought about you having to leave. I- Ah!"

Nana suddenly brought Izuku into a tight hug, "Awww, you're gonna miss me? I figured you would be counting the days until I left you alone. I'm going to miss you, too. I loved being your wacky grandma these past few weeks. But damn you're crazy."

"I-I can't exactly argue there."

"And it's not forever. Anytime you really need me, I'll be there. Or maybe you just wanna see me again."

"I'm assuming the other users won't be so lenient with their assistance."

"Of course not. They like to wait for long amounts of time, only to reveal things in bits and pieces one at a time. In fact it wasn't even my turn. The first user was gonna talk to you, but I shoved him outta the way."

Izuku's brow furrowed, "Do you guys live in my head?"

"We like to think of it as our "Soul House"."

Izuku decided to simply roll with it. "Well, we'll figure something out for you and All Might before you go."

She let him go and sat back, leaning on her hands. "Thanks. It's just a shame I won't be here in person to watch you stumble your way through raising my great-granddaughter."

"Raise?"

Nana's eyes widened as she slowly looked over at Izuku. "Y-...You do know what you signed up for, right?"

Izuku's eyes widened to match Nana's. "Do you mean raising as in...like a parent?"

Nana's jaw dropped, her hands lifting up in disbelief. "What did you think you were doing?!"

"I-I-..." Izuku thought it all over again. When he had asked to take in Eri, he didn't exactly think that it could be considered parenting. It only now occurred to him that most of what that job entailed was similar to that of a parent's job. No wonder Aizawa was so against it. It really was crazy. "...Oh, wow. What have I done?"

Nana shook her head, "Oh my God! How did you not realize this?!"

"I just thought of it as staying with her. You know, helping her improve her life, bonding with her."