An Explanation

Izuku always hated lying. Mostly due to the fact that he was raised to believe it was the wrong thing to do in most situations…

... partially due to the fact that he was utterly terrible at it. 

Which means, there was no way that he was going to be able to lie to Yaoyorozu about what happened in the bookstore. But he had to at least alter the truth in some way. At least they were alone, well mostly.

They were sitting in a small, cozy family owned restaurant. It was down the same street as the bookstore. Luckily, lunch hour was over hours ago, so the place was empty save for a couple tables of old folks. Momo guided them to a 

corner booth in an empty part of the dining area. The parts of the booth sticking out from the wall had wood coming up out of the top and up into the ceiling. It was essentially a very small diamond room with an opening.

It was a nice little place. Maroon walls with wood flooring, leather booths, dim lighting but the sun came through the front windows. There was a large open window where people could watch the chefs cook food  Izuku would have really enjoyed it here if it wasn't for the fact that he felt like dying at the moment. He even saw they had katsudon as a special today, but he figured he'd probably throw it up. 

Momo was ordering their drinks. She had been taking charge the whole time because Izuku had been trying to form some kind of story to tell her. The waitress brought their lavender tea, and Momo sent her off telling her they'll call her over when they are ready to order. 

This is the part where Midoriya figured the deafening awkward silence would kick in, but Momo had other ideas. 

"Are you okay?"

Midoriya looked up to Yaoyorozu. She had taken off her school jacket, leaving her in a long white button up. She had legit concern on her face, leaning toward him across the table. 

"I...I know that wasn't... pleasant, for you. I'm so sorry for taking us in there. If I had known I swear-"

"No! No don't blame yourself. I-It wasn't your fault, and it's not like you or anyone else f-for that matter would have known."

Yaoyorozu still felt guilty for it. For more than just one reason.

"It's just that I...it shouldn't have happened to begin with, but it shouldn't have been me. I shouldn't be the one to learn all of that. Uraraka and Iida deserve that knowledge far more than I do. I'm just invading your privacy."

"I...i'm actually kinda glad it was you. I'm not happy it happened, but I am sort of relieved that you're the first one."

Once again today, the Creation Quirk user was confused, "Why on Earth would I be the one you want to hear that? Iida and Uraraka have known you since the start of school and you and I have barely known each other for 3 days."

"Well, Uraraka and Iida are great but...I-I feel like they would have made a big deal out of it."

"It is a big deal."

"Maybe but, as much as Iida preaches to the class to b-be quiet and calm, he's usually the exact opposite. And Uraraka can be p-pretty intense and protective sometimes. You were far calmer than I was or those two w-would have been. I didn't need someone trying to p-protect me there, I needed someone to keep things from escalating. So, t-thank you for that."