Nice Day For A Swan Dive

Izuku checked his phone and pursed his lips. "We have to cancel the dinner plans. The exam ran way later than expected. Mom said we'll try again next week."

"Oh, okay. That might be for the best. It'll give us more time. Speaking of which, Momo checked the time and picked up her tray of tea. "I'll be upstairs. Come in whenever you're ready."

Oh right. The talk. Izuku had almost forgotten. He was nervous, but almost in a good way. Momo pecked his lips and made her way upstairs. Izuku looked out at his classmates as they began to follow Momo's example and go to bed. 'Well, I can't put it off forever.' Izuku stood up from the common room couch and began to walk towards the stairs, until a voice spoke out from behind him.

"Meet me out front later. We need to talk about your quirk. Leave Ponytail behind."

...Oh no.

This was absolutely the last thing Izuku needed tonight. It was all going so well. He obtained his license, something that was nothing but a mere pipedream a year ago. Almost the entire class passed and had celebrated together. Todoroki was finally off of his back with his crazy theories. And he was minutes away from finally freeing his heart and mind from the weight it had been carrying for 11 years.

But, once again Katsuki decided that Izuku hadn't suffered enough.

He shouldn't go. He knew he shouldn't go. Bakugou had no power over him. He could do whatever he wanted. He should just go up to his loving girlfriend and forget all about Katsuki's request (demand).

'...I'm going aren't I?' Izuku sighed as he opened the door to Momo's room. She was sitting with her back against a large pile of pillows with her lower half under the covers as she read her book. She was only a few inches from being in the center of the bed, no doubt wanting Izuku to fill the rest of the space. Steaming tea was waiting for them on her bedside table, and the dim light from the lamp gave off a soft orange glow to the room. It looked like the coziest thing Izuku had ever seen. 'Just do it. Just do it Izuku. Just walk in there, get in that bed, and talk to her. Who cares about Kacchan. Do it.'

Momo sighed and closed her book, "What exactly does Bakugou want now?"

'Stupid muttering.'

"You aren't muttering. I just knew that there would be no other thing holding you back from walking inside but him."

"...We have a problem. He wants to meet me in private outside. He said he wants to talk about my quirk, and that you can't come."

"He has terrible timing doesn't he?" Izuku nodded in agreement and furrowed his brow.

"I'm not going."/"You should go."

Izuku's eyes widened. Did he hear that correctly? "W-...What?"

"You should go."

"...Who are you and what did you do to Momo?"

Momo chuckled and then continued. "I don't want you to go, but this might be for the best. We both know that if you don't go know Bakugou will just become even angrier and simply force you to do it. The last thing we need is for him to barge in during our conversation. And, the sooner you get this over with the sooner we can get to what we intended to do tonight."

Izuku sighed, but nodded. "You're probably right. But, wh-what if he actually has it figured out? What if he knows about One For All?"

"Deny. No matter how sure he is, he can never truly be certain unless he gets a real answer from you or All Might. If he doesn't let up, leave. He can't do anything in the building. Even he has enough self control to not do that."