Katsuki Bakugou: Repentance

A/N: 50th Chapter Bitches! *Muscle Man screeches*

"What do you want Bakugou?"

(The Night of the Fight)

"Sorry."

Katsuki never got to see the reaction of either Izuku or Momo. His head was down, and he had said it just as the door closed. That was no apology. Katsuki knew that.

He couldn't even look Midoriya in the face when he "apologized". To make it worse, he said it just as the elevator was leaving. He shouldn't have done that. He knew that. Katsuki knew he should just look the green-haired teen in the eye, and apologize.

But, he couldn't.

He couldn't bring himself to.

*Ding*

The doors of the elevators slid open, and Katsuki walked out onto his floor. As he trudged towards his room, it all kept swirling around in his head.

"This rooftop...It's the perfect place for a swan dive, isn't it?"

Katsuki grabbed at his hair and shook his head. He made it to his room and basically kicked the door open and slammed it shut, locking the door. It was all on loop in his head. He wanted so badly to say it was a lie. That Izuku was just exaggerating, or trying to get a rise out of him.

But, it was true. And Katsuki knew it.

Deku couldn't lie to save his life. Not about something like that. 

The worst part wasn't even that Izuku had told him. It wasn't that he was punished. It wasn't that he had finally realized just how big of an impact he had on Deku.

It was that he had no fucking idea what to do about it.

He couldn't just apologize...Right? 

Well, he had tried that on the elevator. But, that clearly didn't work out. How should he apologize for something like that? He couldn't. But, then the back of Katsuki's mind began intruding.

The real question wasn't, "How should I apologize?"

It was, "Why am I apologizing?"

"That fucker never said a damn thing to anyone. That's not my fucking problem! None of the teachers cared! Everyone else didn't care! They fucking knew their places, and knew what Deku's place was! If he can't handle being a worthless piece of shit, that's his problem! He can't just blame me for his weakness!"

... Katsuki wasn't very good at lying to himself.

He pushed that thought out of his mind and roughly sat down on his bed. He knew that wasn't right. He was to blame, and there was no trying to delude himself. However, he still couldn't exactly pinpoint why it was his fault.

It was true that no one gave a shit about Deku. None of the teachers ever did. None of the students ever did. In fact, they encouraged Katsuki's behavior towards Deku. Well, the students encouraged it. The teachers were indifferent.

If he never got in trouble for it, what was the problem?

Heroes were strong.

Villains were weak.

Villains were freaks

Quirkless were freaks.

And Deku had been all three.

To a Young Katsuki, it all made sense as to why Deku was picked on. So when it all started, it just didn't stop. He couldn't stop. Deku being the "bad" one was encoded into his brain as a child.