Recovery... Again: Part Two

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Momo turned to her hospital room door to see Inko walk through with a tray of food. The teen immediately tensed up, afraid the mother of her boyfriend might hysterically come after her again. Inko saw Momo's posture and nervously chuckled.

"I've calmed down now. I'm terribly sorry about earlier. I guess I just wasn't as ready for my Izuku to have a girlfriend as I thought."

Momo relaxed, "It's quite alright. I did essentially intrude suddenly into your life."

"What!? No no no! I couldn't be happier that you're with Izuku. U-Uh, here I brought you some food. Izuku told me you bring things with healthy fats in them, so I hope salmon is okay."

Momo blushed and smiled at Izuku's caring attitude. Of course he would say that. "Salmon is perfect. Thank you." She took the tray and set it down into her lap, and began to eat. Inko sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Again, I'm sorry for my behavior. It was highly uncalled for." Momo waved her hands and swallowed the food she had in her mouth.

"No, please. It's alright. I'm sorry for the surprise. It's not exactly ideal to find your son in bed with a girl, especially one where their relationship just started."

Inko laughed, "Well, I guess I just didn't expect Izuku of all people to take that step in a relationship so fast... Actually, I-...I guess I should be happy that he's so comfortable and joyful."

Momo looked to Inko questioningly, "What do you mean?"

Inko suddenly looked saddened, and looked down to lap, fiddling with her hands. "Well, you see... I'm not sure if he's told you, but... Izuku didn't have the best childhood. H-He doesn't like to talk about. Even I don't know everything; he was very closed off at home. He still believes that I'm in the dark about everything, and truth be told that's mostly true. He would never tell me what was wrong or what was happening outside of home no matter how much I pushed and pried for answers. I even went to his school, but they just brushed me aside. I tried other parents, but most of them didn't even know who Izuku was. I read through his journals when he wasn't home to see if he ever wrote anything down, but it was all just hero information. All I could get was that bullying was going on, and that was by my own deduction."

At this point, tears began running down Inko's face. Momo sat up and rubbed the mother's arm, listening intently. 

"I knew the kids picked on him when they were little, but Izuku led me to believe it all stopped shortly after it started. But...then I would notice my make-up was running out much faster than usual. Izuku would almost never leave the house when he didn't need to. He never spoke about having any friends. I would repeatedly get bills from his school saying that he ordered multiple new uniforms. He started doing his own laundry too. I went outside to our apartment complexes dumpster one night, and I found some of his uniforms tattered, and ripped, and burned. I tried and tried to bring it up to him, or the school, or other parents but all I got was lies."

Momo knew it was bad, but she had no idea it was this bad. She knew Izuku was far too vague about the topic back at that restaurant. Just when she started to somewhat calm her anger towards Bakugou, the fires of hatred came back thousands of times stronger.

"I tried to pull him out of the school, maybe move somewhere else. But we didn't have the money to do that at the time, and I knew Izuku would just be more devastated. U.A. was in Musutafu, so that meant Izuku wanted to be there. I already destroyed his dream once, I-...I just couldn't do it again. I even went so far as the police, but they felt that a 'quirkless boy' wasn't important enough compared to the rest of their cases." Inko spoke that last sentence through grit teeth, clearly still furious about it.