The Test of Courage (and Love)

"Today's the day." Momo said looking into the mirror. She had just finished dinner and decided that she needed to hype herself up. She was going to tell Izuku that she lik-...loved him?

'Do...Do I love him? I...I guess I don't know what being in love feels like. And Izuku definitely would feel uncomfortable at such a jump. I'll hold back on that for now. Unless he loves me! No! Momo don't jump the shark now.'

The L word was definitely something she had no experience with. But she couldn't deny that as logical as she was, she was a die-hard romantic at heart.  Romance novels somehow always snuck their way into her collection, and she still was a teenage girl. Falling in love with someone was on her life checklist as a little girl, and she never exactly scratched it off. She just put it to the side. But now…

* RING* *RING* "Hello?"

"Hello Mother."

"Momo! Good Evening Honey. To what do I owe the pleasure of this call? Or should I say who? Specifically a green-haired gentleman." Yukuna teased.

"* Sigh* How did you know?"

"Darling, you went to a summer camp full of starlit skies and teenage hormones. I've seen your stash of novels. I knew you couldn't resist. I also knew that you couldn't hold out much longer. You listened to 'Unchained Melody' for an entire week after you came back from the island, and you also said that the dress you took was your new favorite. So I'm assuming something happened with him there. Do I need to continue?"

"...No."

" So, what did you want to ask dear."

"Mother. How do you know that you're in love?"

"Oh you are. No doubt about it ."

Momo nearly dropped her phone, "W-What! How can you even te-"

" First of all, everything I just said was my first example. Second, you don't stop talking about him. Third, almost everything you've bought since the Festival has been green. Fourth, I've personally seen the way you look in his eyes and it's the same way your father and I look at one another. And it was also the way his mother and that thin man Toshinori look at each other. Fifth, you mutter constantly now. And you've mentioned how he does that. Sixth, ever since meeting that boy you've been happier than I've ever seen you. Seventh-"

"Okay I get it! Mother I just...what if I say it and he freaks out? What if I have no idea what I'm even talking about?"

" ...Momo Yaoyorozu. Most teenagers have no idea what they're talking about. They don't know what really love is. Midoriya doesn't. You don't either. But I, someone with experience. Someone who knows what love is, is telling you are a special case, and that you're definitely in love. As much as your father doesn't want to admit it, he sees it too. You'll learn over time what this feeling truly means. I know that you and this boy are perfect for one another. So for now, take this feeling and go full force. Ride it until I hear wedding bells and the cries and coos of grandchildren and beyond."

"Mother," She said blushing.

Yukuna laughed , "Sorry, I couldn't help myself. And if this scares Midoriya, it just means you have to take his hand and jump into the unknown together."

"Mother this is the absolute most reckless you've ever told me to be."

" Why yes it is. But you won't regret it. Now go and do it. You're a Yaoyorozu. We fight for and earn what we love. And if we can't, we just buy it."