Chapter 14: Homecoming

The week went along without an incident, and the big day soon came and with big fanfare. Tailgate parties were being set up in the neighborhood park. Toby and Sasha ran by the tailgate party and the party goers howled and cheered at them. Sasha snickered at the attention they were getting, but Toby paid no mind to it.

Once they got home, Sasha's mother beamed with delight and satisfaction. "You best not get hurt during the game! Ya, hear? Sasha's been looking forward to this all week" she spoke in a semi-serious and joking tone.

"Meh, I'll be fine" he said casually.

Her mother smiled. "You better clean up good too!" she teased.

He laughed. "Okay, okay!" he said before Sasha touched him on the shoulder as she left him to go upstairs. He backed up towards the door and waved at her mother. "I'm going to pack up my stuff also" he said before he rushed out the door.

Her mother looked followed him out at him grinning. "You better keep that tongue in your mouth until after the dance mister" she teased him. He stared at her mortified. He looked around worried that Eric were nearby to hear this. His truck was not there, and her mother snickered. "See you wolf boy"

He blushed as he quickly as he rushed into his house and up the stairs. "I already packed what you need" His mother called out to him.

He walked back down the steps slowly looking over the banister as she pointed to a duffle bag on the couch. "I've talked to Sasha's mom, and she's letting me take you two to the school" she said as he reached the bottom of the steps.

She came over to him and touched his shoulder. "Now if Sasha tells you that you're changing...listen to her. Okay?" she lectured him. He rolled his eyes and nodded slowly before she rubbed his shoulder. "Don't tense up either! Just relax, pup!" she said before she went into the kitchen.

"I've got everything worked out" she said as she placed a big rare cooked steak on the table. She sat down with her tablet as she began pecking away at the screen. "I've already told Sasha what to do if you have a little slip up. Though I heard Zoe's going to be there also" she said.

He raised an eyebrow as he sat down in his chair. "What? Why?" he asked.

She shrugged. "Well, Bernie's been acting weird lately, and he told her to go to the dance just in case that Olivia girl does something stupid. You know how psychopaths are" she said as he slowly munched away at his steak.

"Eeee, heeeh, eeeheeen, heeeesh worhee ahout?" He muttered with food in his mouth.

His mother scowled at him. "Where's your manners!?" she scolded him. She looked into her tablet and sighed heavily. "Just don't worry about it for now...This is your time to be a normal teen wolf. Don't be meddling in things that aren't in your control" she said plainly.

He scowled at her before he managed to say, "I thought I'm supposed to act like an alpha?"

She flinched and raised an eye brow. "Who told you this? You aren't the alpha"

"But I had the majority of votes" He mumbled.

"You were six! You are still too young to be an alpha anyway! And I don't care you have a 9.8 on your PEAS rating you are still 17. If you were an alpha you wouldn't have ran out there alone and got a hole in your chest now wouldn't you!?" she scolded him.

Sasha walked into the house with her backpack, and she looked at him worried. "What's wrong?" she asked.

His mother sighed. "It's nothing" she said before she recoiled. "Oh, Um, are you hungry Sasha? I've got more steak" she said.