Chapter 22: Solstice Solace

Deep in the village there was a quaint little rustic restaurant that stood out as a local gathering place. Sasha and her family were whisked away in a corner, which she took notice that Zoe's family conspired to meet here. They had piled up a couple tables next to each other for the large group. A celebration? She sat between Toby and his mother, and she listened in on her conversation with Haley while Toby stuffed his gullet with steaks.

"Are you planning on moving back up here?" Haley asked as she started cutting into her fish.

"I'm not sure. Ulf really wants to"

"It'll be great have my partner in crime again, hehe"

"Aw no way! Haley mated with Steele!?" Nathan shouted.

Terry covered his brother's mouth up, but Tyler stared at him in shock nearly choking on his food. He stared at his wife horrified and gulped. "Mated with!?" he shrieked.

Haley looked over at him and rolled her eyes at him before she sighed heavily. "Everyone knows this. I thought I told you" she reminded him. She took a sip of her iced tea before she leaned back into her chair.

"You said you went out with him a couple times...not..."

"Look...I was curious okay. Don't be so insecure"

"Um, Let's talk about something else" Lilian blurted out.

"Yes, let's" Ulf agreed.

Toby stopped eating momentarily, and either he looked annoyed or he was about to vomit. Sasha looked at him strangely then nudged him. "Hey, you okay?"

He sighed heavily, and he shoved a mouthful of steak into mouth munching on it loudly. Zoe scooted towards them leaning in with a grin. "You know, I heard Dad and Jean talking about mastering transformations...I think he said something about it being another way to go full Lycaon" she muttered trying to remember the conversation.

"Have you turned Lycaon then?" Sasha asked.

Zoe grinned evilly and snickered. "Just you wait! I'm going to find a form even better! Ever hear of form called Fenrir?"

All the wolves went quiet and stared at her in disbelief. Sasha could not tell if they were offended or captivated by her claim. Sasha's family looked around in confusion; consequently, her grandmother made a comment. "Fenrir? Are ye referring to the god you worship? Come now, ye don't think ye can be a god can ye?"

"Not a god...a god killer. He was something the gods feared" Zoe boasted.

"Is she making this up?" Sasha asked Toby. He shrugged his shoulders waiting for Either Bernie or his family to call Zoe out on her wild fantasies.

Bernie laughed at her, but what he said did not set well with him, "Even if such a form exists...what would such a form look like? Hmm?"

Zoe held up an old worn diary. On the cover said, Property of Riley Greene. "I found this in Jean's attic. It's got some very juicy details on all the wolves. I had no idea how scary Steele in his prime must have been"

Bernie growled at her. "That form was not Fenrir! It was...something else"

"Okay, hold up? Is there a form past Lycaon?" Tommy asked.

"Sounds like it" Nathan remarked.

"What does it look like?" Tommy asked.

"Riley's Journal? Does Jean know you have that?" Terry asked.

Zoe nodded slowly; although, Bernie was slightly annoyed. "Don't think that our family could ever achieve that form. It's not in any of our blood. He's mixed breed" He correct her.