Sunshine

Chapter 11: "Sunshine"

*Clarisa's POV*

Jake was now sitting down next to me with his arm sling around my shoulder. Surprisingly he had moved my phone and placed it onto my lap before he sat down.

As he looked me in the eyes, I knew he was about to ask me something serious. I softly smiled at him waiting for him and placed my head on his shoulder waiting for him to speak. After a few moments of silence, he motioned towards my bags.

"Why do you have bags with you?"

"I can't be at home right now. So, I am staying at a friend's house. Or at least I think I am. She isn't answering my calls. Hence why I called you."

"So, I'm your own personal taxi service now?"

As he spoke a glimmer of mischief appeared in his eyes.

"I mean I wouldn't say it like that. But whatever floats your boat."

I was now softly laughing, listening to his breathing as I waited for his response.

"You can stay at mine if you want? It's not much but it's probably better than going home and facing whatever is troubling you."

I love that he understands me. He doesn't need me to overly open about what I'm going through. He is amazing. Not that is tell him that. He doesn't need me to inflate his ego even more. He does that enough on his own.

I couldn't do that to you plus I don't even know anything about you other than that you are in high school and play footy. Not to mention the amount you know about me and my life. For all you know I could be a psychotic drug addict."

"Ok then ask me about myself. We'll make it a game. Twenty questions? That way we can both learn more about each other."

Was he being serious? This was a kid's game. That I hadn't played since I was in grade two. Considering that was nine years ago I wasn't even sure if I remembered how to play properly anymore.

"You know what, sure let's play!"

I was instantly at shock about what just left my mouth. It was as if I had no control over my body around him and it was as if it had officially started to affect me properly.

"Ok then. I'll go first. What is your favourite colour?"

Did he seriously just ask me about my favourite colour? How is he so oblivious but still so cute? Without realizing it I was smiling from ear to ear.

"Umm.... My favourite colour. It would have to be orange. But not gross horrible orange. I mean the orange that only comes out naturally during the sunrise and sunset."

"Hmm interesting... anyway your turn to ask a question."

"Why do you play football?"

"Geez just jump straight to the hard questions, why don't your sunshine."

I instantly blushed at the realization of the nickname he had started to use today. It was as if he knew exactly what to say to me to make me react, making me feel like putty in his hands. Ignoring my flushed cheeks, he started to answer the question.

"I guess I play football because it was what my dad did, which caused me growing up to be surrounded by it. Giving me a special connection to my dad through it. We didn't have anything else in common, so this was out thing, and I still use it today as my way to connect with him."

There was an emotion in his eyes shining through that I couldn't quite place. It had pain and sadness, but it was also something else. But almost as soon as it appeared, he forced it back down as if it never was shown in the first place. Leaving behind a smile of slight happiness. Grabbing my attention, away from his eyes.

"Anyway, my turn. Why is Sunset Orange your favourite colour?"

"Ok this might sound ridiculous or just plain weird, but I was watching this movie and the main guy was just moments before basically given a death wish, but he decided to try and get along with the girl who was from the same town as him, who he had a huge crush on?

When they were on their way towards some fancy place, they decided to get to know each other, and he told her his favourite colour was orange.

But not the normal boring gross orange. Instead, the sunrise orange where it mixes in with the reds and yellows making it the perfect colour. And then later in the movie, they both had a really cute moment together where he properly showed her what colour he meant, as they watched the colours in the sky together.

I had always found it cute and perfect. This colour reminds me of those moments in life and the film where even though they thought they wouldn't survive or something bad would happen, they were able to find each other. Even if the girl could be a little stubborn. Which I've always admired..

**comment what movie you think she is talking about. I can't wait to see what you comment**

Wow, I had never told anyone that before. Not even Aaron.

"Wow. I was not expecting that. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that."

"Yeah, I am full of surprises. So, Jake, what is your favourite colour?"

Instantly laughing at my question, he eventually replied.

"Very original. Umm my favourite colour would have to be yellow."

He was now slowly moving his mouth to my ear, whispering softly.

"Like the sunshine!"

**Don't forget to Vote and Comment**